Yamato 1/48 valks

0piston

Can you tell visually on the box, whether it is a 1st or 3rd edition run?

thanks for the info

Joe

nope, theres no good way to tell. but i know the 1st and 3rd edition have a crooked skull on the tailfins. the 2nd edition is the only one without that error.

Can you tell visually on the box, whether it is a 1st or 3rd edition run?

thanks for the info

Joe

Best way to tell from the box is by looking at the pilot seat. 3rd Issue will have a curved Head rest while the 1st issue is more like flat with two lumps. Try doing a search as I remembered someone posting pics of the different head rest.

Haterist is right with 1st and 3rd Issue having a crooked skull but from what I have noticed the 1st Issue is much more crooked than the 3rd. For my 3rd its just slightly off and I think not many ppl will notice it unless they have a good look at it.

the only thing you should concern yourself with is the headrests... the first released 1/48s had headrests that didn't have the concave dip that the newer ones did. You can see this without opening the boxes. The only ones with all the improvements that didn't have the dipped headrests are the Max 1A and Low Viz. But ALL the Max 1As and the all the LVs have all the fixes that the first generation 1/48s needed. From there on all the valks are identical (as far as the improvements). I don't think you can tell the difference between the 2nd generation Hikaru 1A and the 3rd.

Edited by >EXO<

I only have that problem with my VF-1Js :(

Hey, those were pretty good!

Especially with the Max and Millia.

Here is a half finished review. I can finish it until mid-June because I am so busy, but most of the info I researched on is pretty much there.

link