CG Regault Thread

DatterBoy

Thanks guys !

The recovery guys came through , $ 450 later , I will have it back by Thursday....... :D

A long story:

I am also paranoid about back-ups, but in December I found that I had over 100 cd's of models and different versions and a lot of crap , so I threw them out . I bought a 80 Gbyte harddisk as backup that once a month I backup everything I got onto with occational cd if needed. This has been working like a charm.

I also normally also do a backup on the office network , before I do my monthly homeback .

I was increadible busy on Monday & Tuesday , ignored the office backup " Nothing will go wrong " . Went home formatted my backup drive and setup the backup ......the rest is history.

I have since bought lots of dvd rewritables , so it will weekly backup on DVD and monthly on harddisk.

The big lesson : murphy's law is doinng well and going strong , and out to get you !

Edited by Rodavan

Thats good news Rod, I'm glad things came good for you.

Murphy's law can be a bitch but I know all about it and (over)compensate. I always partition my hard drives and keep my data seperate from the OS. I copy my data partition across to my second PC weekly and also copy my Cinema4D data folders onto an external USB drive once a week. Every couple of months I burn it all to CD. If anyone is reading this and doesn't back up their work I would reccomend you give it some serious thought.

My models are worth more than $450 to me, I'm sure yours are too. I know how you feel though, I recently lost ALL my Company work for the past 5 years when my system crashed. I never sued the corporate back up system because it slowed down the machine dramatically, but I should have compensated...

I'm glad all those great models are not gone!

:Dat

sjeez you guys are pro's for sure ;)

awesome work on these also .

dang i sure hope they got all your moddels back there , i cant imagine the stress you must have facing all those months of work gone . or should i say years?

chrono - My models are worth far more than 450 to me , but that's not the only thing lost , lots of company information too ....

I will be getting my info back today , but I found this , does anybody have a bigger version ?

Can't wait ....... :rolleyes:

post-5-1114149919.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Hi Mechmaster,

I can't speak for ROD, but I could use those scans. I don't have a clue what the decals should look like so whatever detail you can provide in the best clarity possible would be great.

Been fiddeling with "enviroments" I would like to add a bunce of Regults in a battle field scene , the next step is to get burning fires with smoke in the back ground .

This is a first try , so I combined a small progress render with an enviroment .... :p

There is a few things i saw , once the render was finished that looked nice while modeling but you add light they either disepear or look way to small ...

post-5-1114435802_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Looking Sweet, Rod. I was gonna do the same kind of thing with pods and valks in a city battle. Still need to do some rework on the model and detailing, but want to try and do this as a NURBS model now since it's overall very round, it may serve it better, like yours.

Can't wait to see that nurbs model DAT, just want to add a few quick renders , not alot of time fow my model last week and the weekend , had to go and fix elephant damage in game farm.

I have rebuild this head about 5 times now <_<

post-5-1115104852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Thanks >EXO<

"Hatch" finished -- :)

maybe to much detail , but I am hoping to take this model and to get it "grown" in the next 2 weeks as a test , I am investigating buying a 3d printer, in the next few months

post-5-1115119115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Wow... a 3D printer.. I can only imagine how incredible that would be. model is looking great, ROD. Can't wait to see a fully composited pic with valksin it!

Looking really good Rod, great detailing on the hatch.

Mechmaster how about a shot from farther away please?

I'm hoping to get time this weekend to take a few photos of this kit and my Glaug kit too, I'll probably post them in the Model Kit section as that would be more appropriate than this thread.

Edit: photos of my battlepod kits are now posted in the model Kits section...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14739

Edited by Mechmaster

Like I said in the other thread , excellent models Mechmaster

I thought the Q-Rua model was the most difficult model I have ever done , well , I think the Regult is good contender , and doing very well in catogory.It's not that the model is so difficult , it's the proportions and their relationship , when you start out you can put a model like this together quite quickly , but when you start adding detail you start understanding just how complex the "shapes" are.

The side exhaust was way to small , and as I understand it rotates , there the shape I had needed to be more box-like on the side, so I started changeing the body shape....... again. :o

It gets easier each time , does this look closer ?

post-5-1115621743_thumb.jpg

Like I said in the other thread , excellent models Mechmaster

I thought the Q-Rua model was the most difficult model I have ever done , well , I think the Regult is good contender , and doing very well in catogory.It's not that the model is so difficult , it's the proportions and their relationship , when you start out you can put a model like this together quite quickly , but when you start adding detail you start understanding just how complex the "shapes" are.

The side exhaust was way to small , and as I understand it rotates , there the shape I had needed to be more box-like on the side, so I started changeing the body shape....... again. :o

It gets easier each time , does this look closer ?

Thanks Rod, I wish I could get on as well with the CG model as I did with the plastic, for now I think I will just sit and admire yours. Your latest version definitely looks better.

On the Imai kit the side thrusters not only rotate but the grey part slides up and down allowing the nozzle to either point straight down or to angle outward to maybe 45 degrees off vertical.

Yeah, those side thrusters are a pain in the arse...

But seriously, I've shelled my model until I can learn nurbs. The roundness of this model made it difficult to nail to a satifactory point. Yours, however, ROD, is most excellent!

Wish I could sit with you to learn some techniques.

Wish I could sit with you to learn some techniques.

Just so long as you leave room for me :lol: I've played around with nurbs a bit but I still struggle to make it do what I really want it to do. I would love to see how you did the seam around the back hatch Rod, I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that, the best I can do is to rough out basic shapes and then convert to polys to add details.

Anyway Rod, your model looks really good, what plans do you have for it now?

Is that latest render done with Sketch and Toon? I am right in thinking that you're using Cinema4D aren't I? Whatever, it does look neat.