Airbrushing in the house...

Phadeout

Using acrylic paints helps too. Just set your airbrush up near a window and buy a fan to put in the window. Spray in a general direction towards or near the fan and you should be fine.

Oh yeah open the window too. :D though i think you knew that one. ;)

That is up to you. A spray booth is the best way to go, but as long as you aren't messing with laquers or other really dangerous stuff, the open window w/ fan routine should work. Just be mindful of overspray.

Check out this thread for suggestions about spray booths if you're interested.

Edited by Mule

If you dont mind chemicals ,that absorb directly into your bloodstream and settle into your liver never to leave, being atomized and inhaled then no they arent that bad. Laquers are one of thr worst paints to be exposed to for extended periods.

If you dont mind chemicals ,that absorb directly into your bloodstream and settle into your liver never to leave, being atomized and inhaled then no they arent that bad. Laquers are one of thr worst paints to be exposed to for extended periods.

:blink:

There is some tipe of Mask that I can use to protect me from the fumes?

Yes there is but unless your painting a full size car or something that needs to be really really shiny i cant seem to see why you would need to use laquers. The masks are extremely cheap and are basically a gas mask without the face shild(the good quality ones anyway) Just look around at hardware stores or paint shops and youll find them.

Yes there is but unless your painting a full size car or something that needs to be really really shiny i cant seem to see why you would need to use laquers. The masks are extremely cheap and are basically a gas mask without the face shild(the good quality ones anyway) Just look around at hardware stores or paint shops and youll find them.

EHm, gunze mr. surfacer and mr.color are lacquer based, I don't have to paint cars but models and toys.

I always spray at low pressure (15 psi or lower) and very close to the object, a mask and a ventilated room will be enough safe?

For those yes. A paper surgical mask is all you would need for those actually since they are considered a "cold" laquer as in they dont heat as they cure. I thought you mean true laquers which are considered a "hot" paint that has a chemical reaction as it dries. The concentration of those chemicles is considerably less in cold hobby laquers. I only use hot laquers on my large scale model cars(1/18th -1/8) so i can get a smooth gloss to them.

I thought MR Color was a water based paint? The name laquer is only a name really if they are. I think it is meant to show that the paint generally dries as hadr as a laquer. Tamiya is also considered like that as well. If its water based i wouldnt worry at all the fan technique is more than enough.

Edited by HWR MKII

For those yes. A paper surgical mask is all you would need for those actually since they are considered a "cold" laquer as in they dont heat as they cure. I thought you mean true laquers which are considered a "hot" paint that has a chemical reaction as it dries. The concentration of those chemicles is considerably less in cold hobby laquers. I only use hot laquers on my large scale model cars(1/18th -1/8) so i can get a smooth gloss to them.

I thought MR Color was a water based paint? The name laquer is only a name really if they are. I think it is meant to show that the paint generally dries as hadr as a laquer. Tamiya is also considered like that as well. If its water based i wouldnt worry at all the fan technique is more than enough.

Mr. Color is lacquer based, it will not thin with acrylic or enamel thinner.

Mr. Hobby are acrylics.

Ah ok

see you can learn something new every day. i dont have any experience with the MR range of products. Cold laquers arent as bad as Hot as i said before but you still want a mask. Ever use tamiya spray in a can? Same thing.