Product opinions and informations

Ido

Hello

Comparted to tamiya acrylics how much good are the gunze acrylics?

Opinions on mr. hobby colors(laquer?)? Can they be used directely on styrene? Are the clear f/sg/g paints good for finishing?

Whats the difference beetween mr.color thinner and mr.color leveling thinner?

Different brands of sanding papers, what is the best?

What are vynil colors?

How good are gunze decal setter and softer? The softer is the same thing of micro-sol?

Can be the gunze and tamiya acrylics be mixed?

I'd like to have many opinions as possible. :)

Thanks

I also use both tamiya and gunze aqueous. Both are top quality and can be mixed with each other as well as thinned with Tamiya thinner or white spirit, haven´t tried Gunze thinner so far.

I have never tried Gunze Mr.Color but yes, from what I heard they are laquer based.

I do not use ANY colour directly on styrene, applying a base coat first makes the plastic less see-thru and the paint adheres much better- very important if you´re using masking tape in the painting process. Best primer I´ve tried so far is Citadel (from Games Workshop, comes in white or black, sometimes they have light grey as well) - expensive, but can be sprayed directly from the can (shake long and well!)and does not obsure any detail even after several coats.

As for sanding papers, anything capable of wet&dry use will do the job.

Used Gunze Mr. Mark Softer for years and it is more or less the same as Micro Sol, works great. I never needed any setting solution though.

I have never heard of dedicated vinyl colours, only thing I know is that vinyl models should only be painted with acrylics as laquers somehow react with the vinyl and never fully dry as a result.

I also use both tamiya and gunze aqueous. Both are top quality and can be mixed with each other as well as thinned with Tamiya thinner or white spirit, haven´t tried Gunze thinner so far.

I have never tried Gunze Mr.Color but yes, from what I heard they are laquer based.

I do not use ANY colour directly on styrene, applying a base coat first makes the plastic less see-thru and the paint adheres much better- very important if you´re using masking tape in the painting process. Best primer I´ve tried so far is Citadel (from Games Workshop, comes in white or black, sometimes they have light grey as well) - expensive, but can be sprayed directly from the can (shake long and well!)and does not obsure any detail even after several coats.

As for sanding papers, anything capable of wet&dry use will do the job.

Used Gunze Mr. Mark Softer for years and it is more or less the same as Micro Sol, works great. I never needed any setting solution though.

I have never heard of dedicated vinyl colours, only thing I know is that vinyl models should only be painted with acrylics as laquers somehow react with the vinyl and never fully dry as a result.

Thanks, thats very helpfull. :)

Come on guys, more opinions.

ps

Tamiya sanding paper can be used wet?