Question on doing a custom VF-1S

Sorata

Hi,

Okay I am wanting to do a custom VF-1S to look like the ones in the toy gallery here like the VF-1S 'Minmay Guard' Strike Valkyrie custom by Anasazi37 (Devin) and VF-1S 'Minmay Guard - Moon Act' custom by Kurt with both the Super and Strike Fast Packs for each continuing the paint scheme on them like the one Anasazi37 did on gallery page 3. My question is what Toy or model would I need and in what scale would be best and were can I find them? I tried looking but several store sites I see dont have the decals or the either type of Fast Pack for individual sale. Also is their a plae that show how I should paint the Valkyrie what colors and wear and an chart showing where to apply the decals to? Thanks in advanced for looking here even if you guys dont know the answer.

Edited by Sorata

Do you intend to do it with stickers or decals made by the folks here or are you doing it from scratch?

I assume you will be doing the Battroid mode so i can dig up the model sheet I have for the Minmay Guard and that should give you a good idea of what you'd need to paint.

If you want it variable, I definitely recommend a YAMATO 1/48 1S. But since 1S is more expensive in general, I recommend you go and find a cheap YAMATO 48, any version, find a super and strike parts pack (cuz the MG is a strike Battroid).

You could always do one out of a 1/60 but it's smaller and the details would be hard to get on one I would imagine or at least easier on a 1/48.

Good Luck with that!

:Dat

Do you intend to do it with stickers or decals made by the folks here or are you doing it from scratch? 

I assume you will be doing the Battroid mode so i can dig up the model sheet I have for the Minmay Guard and that should give you a good idea of what you'd need to paint.

If you want it variable, I definitely recommend a YAMATO 1/48 1S.  But since 1S is more expensive in general, I recommend you go and find a cheap YAMATO 48, any version, find a super and strike parts pack (cuz the MG is a strike Battroid).

You could always do one out of a 1/60 but it's smaller and the details would be hard to get on one I would imagine or at least easier on a 1/48.

Good Luck with that!

:Dat

Thanks for the reply :D

Well I think I'll try it by using the decals made by the guys here. Save alot of time. After some digging for days I just a few minutes ago found a guy selling the Hasagawa 1/72 scale Minmay Guard model, while it may not transform it'll be easier to just buy that than do one like Kurts lthat can transform later since it seems to be the harder of the two designs to do.

Instead I'll just do one like Anasazi37 did. I found two versions of the Yamato VF-1S the item descriptions dont tell me why their prices vary so much one is 169 and comes in a black box and the other is in a blister pack box and only cost 59 buck. Dont know which one to get as they both appear the same detail wise. Here is the different ones (note I may not owont be ordering from here but its a good link to use to compaire the two) the 169 one http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/subtoy2.asp?Queryid=mac067 and the 59 buck one http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/subtoy2.asp?Queryid=mac009 Does anyone know which is better and why?

EDIT well thanks to this site I found the difference was the scale the cheaper one is 1/60 scale while the expensive on is 1/48. Other than size is the detail level different and is their a super and strike parts pack to a 1/60 scale? (well the 1/60 beats the 1/48 in one area, it can fit the VF-1 GPS Armored Parts Set)

Edited by Sorata

Simple,

the cheaper one is at 1/60 scale which is smaller and has fewer details & gimmicks than the more expensive one which is in 1/48 scale. I think the ones that you saw in the 'custom toys section' is the 1/48 scale.

is their a super and strike parts pack to a 1/60 scale?

Sorry, but no, the 1/60 Super and Strike Parts were not sold separately. They were sold as the Roy Strike 1S and the three TV 1Js, Hikaru, Max, and Miria. The VT and VE were also sold with their own FAST packs. And not all 1/60s will accept them without modification. That particular 1/60 Roy 1S at bigbadtoystore doesn't take them, as with the entire DYRL line and both of the Cannon Fodder 1As. The standard (not Toys 'R Us edition) Cannon Fodder will accept the arm and leg armors, but there are no slots in the backpacks to mount the boosters.

As far as your custom goes, get a 1/48 of any model and a Super/Strike Parts. The only differences between the valks are the heads (obviously) and the 1Js have slightly different forearms. Get a 1S recast head from Rohby, the hollow head lasers from fulcy, and the decals from Anasazi37 and you're in business.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

I haven't made the "Moon Act" decals available for general purchase. They were part of a commissioned order placed by a MW member and are only in 1/48 scale at this point. You can find application instructions for my other Minmay Guard sets here:

http://dwhite.netwiz.net/app_guide/app_guide.html

The decals you need to make a Minmay Guard Strike are only available in 1/48 scale. There just hasn't been enough demand for a 1/60 version to warrant the insane amount of time it would take to design it.... :(