MPC Repair and/or Parts

Depthcharge

I know this isn't a Macross toy per-say but its a toy related question and i know most of the customizing guru's hang out on this board. I'll defer to the judgement of moderators if they want to move this.

The guy next door came over and started messing with my MPC "Rook's" Alpha Fighter. As I have long feared he would do, he broke the arm off of it. The arm segment retracts into both the shoulder and the forarm for transformation, the middle section where the swivel joint broke at its connection point to the shoulder piece. Its connected to the shoulder via a relatively brittle and thing cylinder thats anchored into the shoulder assembly (atleast I think) and it snapped in half.

He offered to buy me a replacement, which I'll probably take him up on, but I'd still like to fix this one if possible.

Does anybody out there deal or know of somebody that deals in replacement parts for MPC's? Maybe can anybody guide me throgh another method of fixing the broken part firmly?

I haven't really had a chance to look at it myself yet but I don't see anyway of getting the shoulder assembly apart.

Since I know my description of the breakage is probably not very good, I can post pictures later tonight if anyone thinks they can help me.

Any help will be apperciated

-DC

If you stay in the states, return the thing to Toynami. They have great customer service. Check out my thread here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=13231&hl=

I got my replacements within a week. Just tell them that the thing was already half-broken when you received it.

If you don't stay in the states, you might want to get a fellow MWer to help you contact Toynami on your behalf. I could do it, but they might get suspicious. Also, you'd have to send the Alpha over to the states, which you might be dinsinclined to do. Shipping might cost so much that you might as well get a new one.

Rooks are cheap now - on eBay, you can get one easily for USD$49.

I know I haven't exactly helped you with what you wanted (the nitty-gritty repair details); sorry.

I've never actually seen a toynami alpha but I'm pretty good a fixing stuff. If you can't figure anything else out you can send it to me and I'll give it a try. No cost as long as I can document what I do for the future use of others. And yes... my 1/55 repair manual is almost done so don't nag :lol:

Thanks again for the advice guys, and the offer katana, but I don't think I'm too bad at repairs so I reckon I'll take a crack at it myself. I really was hoping somebody else had disassembled one of these things already so I wouldn't have to do any guess work but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Since the guy that broke it is willing and able to buy me a replacement I'll refrain from frauding Toynami... not knockin it and had it been my own fault I'd consider it to be sure but, since I don't have to I won't.

If anyone comes up with any other information for me or thinks they can help, please post here or just PM/E-mail me, I'll be grateful for it.

-DC