There are some things about Macross

Laserstorm

OK, I need some things cleared on Macross as I still haven't bought and watched it. I only watched Robotech, Robotech:untold story and Macross plus so far.I know your feelings for Robotech, and I know I'll agree with you when I watch Macross for the first time, but still that's the thing that started my Macross craze.I know I'll agree with you because I watched Macross Saga couple of times and I'm still getting back to it, and Southern cross portion just barely and only because my first dip into this was Robotech:Untold story and I wanted to see Modat (Garland) once more , but I just couldn't stomach the New Generation, I just had the feeling it didn't belong in that universe.

That's why I'm here and not on the Robotech forum. I wanna know the major plot differences between RT and Macross, as I think the love triangle thing is the same between them. Did Zentraedi came to our planet to destroy or where they just their to capture SDF-1, but the whole war started after SDF-1 fired on them? Were Zentraedi sent by other force here or not? Is SDF-1 their lost ship (I personally think its the enemy ship as the design of it has apsolutely no connection with Zentraedi ship designs, but I may be wrong) or the enemy's?

That's all I can think of right now, I'll post other questions when they spring to my mind.

That's why I'm here and not on the Robotech forum. I wanna know the major plot differences between RT and Macross, as I think the love triangle thing is the same between them. Did Zentraedi came to our planet to destroy or where they just their to capture SDF-1, but the whole war started after SDF-1 fired on them? Were Zentraedi sent by other force here or not? Is SDF-1 their lost ship (I personally think its the enemy ship as the design of it has apsolutely no connection with Zentraedi ship designs, but I may be wrong) or the enemy's?

That's all I can think of right now, I'll post other questions when they spring to my mind.

This would be better put in the newbie questions thread.

But to answer your questions...

The zentradi are at war with the supervision army.

The supervision army got in the habit of laying damaged vessels out and rigging them to fire on nearby zentradi as boobytraps.

Britai followed a supervision army vessel that folded out to Earth, where they saw what we know as the SDF Macross.

They were surprised because it didn't look like a proper supervision army vessel, it looked like a hybrid between SA and Earth tech. They were having trouble believing we could have repaired the vessel ourselves with our primitive backwards technology. And when the ship fired on them(the boobytrap kicking in) they concluded we were clearly allied with the SA. Then we fired some nukes at them, and they became very impressed because the Zentradi haven't had reaction weaponry for several centuries.

The SDF Macross was not particularly special in any way, though the people aboard it came to be regarded as such.