WonderCon & FanimeCon

Anyone going?

I have gone for (4) years in a row now.

Have bought some Macross Valkyries from dealers at this con.

There are usually about 2-3 dealers there that have some 1/48's.

www.wondercon.com

Fanime usually have a few dealers too. That's coming up later on this year.

www.fanime.com

Anyone from these boards regulars at these cons!?!?

I went to wondercon yesterday, pretty fun experience. met some great artists, got some autographs, got to gawk at linda tran, good times overall.

Saw a dealer w/ a full set of 1/60s and 1/48s at pretty decent prices ($175 or so for the 1/48's). MPC VTs were going for around $50 around the show, Alphas were 70-ish.

I went on Saturday only. It was fun and crowded. Man, it was like the Wonder Cons in the 90's there (at least on saturday). I was mainly there to meet Kevin Smith and Jason Mews (Jay and Silent Bob). Mews was cool and Smith's Q&A was awesome -- just like An Evening with Kevin Smith if you've seen it.

I also got to meet Elisha Cuthbert -- HOT!

I didn't do too much hopping this year. Just got a painting from Andy Lee (www.findandy.com) near the Kabuki booth. That man has skills. He does Chinese brush paintings and I got a Spiderman painting from him (spiderman with an oriental brush style) done with brush and watercolors. I'll post a pic of it later.

All in all, its good to see the Con thriving -- they finally brought it out of the Oakland hotel.

I was their for saturday only as well. This is my second time going to these cons'. Man it was fun though it was a little hard on my feet(so much ground to cover and Im not use to cons' cause hey Im just breaking out). :p I saw quite a bit a macross goods, even a 1/48 VF-1 Low Viz for 240 some odd dollars(too rich for my blood), :( so I settled for for some MSiAs'. I even got to see Christian Bale on panel and a 6 min clip for Batman Begins and wow was ever awsome! My friend who took me tried to get an autograph from him but sadly to no avail due to what he calls "a stupid" raffle system. But overall it was a very positive experience. My only regret I the I wish I had more money. :p