MPAA own the internet!

Magnus

there are 8 million privatly sold computers in my country

there are 16 million inhabitants

I happen to own 4 computers, which means that not even 50% of the population

has a computer

Ah, so that absolutely must mean the other 50+% can't afford a computer?

Now, it prolly won't come as a shock to you that most Americans have some form of cable TV service...These same folks also tend to bitch and moan alot about "57+ channels and nothing on"...sad really, they also complain about paying upwards of $50 a month for something they find little value in...I suppose it never occurs to them that they can live without such TV service.

I haven't had cable TV in nearly a decade, I don't even want it...And the money I save from that alone allows me to have other luxuries like music CDs that I couldn't afford otherwise. I willingly gave up one luxury to have another...No reason why anyone else can't either.

Just because you want a computer, doesn't mean the rest of your countrymen want one too.

No but my comment "even Poor people would want some luxury in their life"

is still true

$50 of TV still gives more variety than 2 cd's

even if 80% is crap

Not to mention that it gives entertainment to the entire family, while your lucky

if 2 people in a family like the same music

If I were to choose between cable TV or 2 cd's I'd also choose TV

and I hardly even watch TV

I'm even thinking about dumping the TV-connection, but I'm not the only person in

this house,...

and sense you dodged it the first time:

Its like saying "its okay for a guy to rape a woman, whom is dressed or acts in such a way as to arouse him. Because, afterall, he can't be expected to control his impulses, and thus the woman is to blame"...Now, is that something you agree with? Cause I certainly don't!

Yeah, rapeist often give that "woman asked for it" reason for thier crimes...because it happens, does it make it right?

But are you trying to say that filesharing is just as bad as rape?

Of course not.

Now, is that something you agree with?

No need asking questions you already know the answer to

I didn't dodge this question

But I'm willing to answer: Just because something is not right, doesn't mean it

doesn't happen!

But you took an example of human psychology out of context

Debts are promoted by society, we're being shown beautiful expensive things

in such a way they make us think it's essential in our lives

(Computers, cars, cell-phones, houses, etc)

entire armies of market researchers are out to find our weaknesses,

commercials are made with a psychological message

(it's not for yourself to have fresh breath/smell good, it is to be able to get girls,

you don't care what gum it is you chew, only which one gets you the girl)

that's where money is the limit,... untill the leeches come in with commercials about

some dude buying a big a** TV he couldn't afford "but thanks to ......"

Ofcourse looking at your example about rape you have a point

someone is shown something beautiful and MUST have it

But there's a difference in speeding,.. and driving on the pavement killing pedestrians

Both are against the law, but only one leaves victims behind

I agreed with you that theft = theft

But rape != Filesharing (for those who know C/C++ ...I don't BTW)

You also dodged my statement that people aren't buying cd's because of the price

and labels are only using the filesharing as excuse for lower sales

But you don't need to answer that since this thread is about filesharing

Ironicly, some consumers say they feel "raped" by record companies whom charge $20 for a CD that costs $1 to make...Are you trying to say you feel the same?

and, if so, then do you feel the same when buying a book? a computer game? food? clothing? toy?...nearly every product available through retail is sold to the consumer at a mark up of 10 to 30 times over manufactureing costs...this is a fact, not opinion (again, please prove otherwise).

So,.... for every 5 cd's you buy, you can download 50 for free and they will still

make a profit? Thanks for the info ;)

Ironicly, the best punishment for a rapist is to be raped himself

so if we feel "robbed" (which would be a better choice of words)....?

Just because I can't afford a car doesn't mean I can just steal one

but I f I buy a 20K car that delivers none of it's promises, no way I will get

compensated, or my money back, so call me a criminal but I'd screw that

manufacturer/dealer at any chance I get

Everybody wants to be Robin Hood

MSW, few quick questions. Your points are all valid but I'm going to use the first Robotech DVDs as an example. The legacy box sets had an MSRP of $44.99 for the not remastered VHS dumps onto DVD with a mediocre extras disc (unless you wanted the Sentinels). Would you have paid the $44.99 for that if it was the only source to get those episodes (throw Animeigo and ADV out the window). Do you think that set of discs was worth the $44.99? If not what i the alternate you would do (again no Animeigo or ADV remastered releases).

Thanks.

Not worth it to me personnaly...But now that used sets can be found at places such as EB Games for $9.99...well...its still not worth it to me :rolleyes:

crap is crap, no matter the price :p

MSW, few quick questions. Your points are all valid but I'm going to use the first Robotech DVDs as an example. The legacy box sets had an MSRP of $44.99 for the not remastered VHS dumps onto DVD with a mediocre extras disc (unless you wanted the Sentinels). Would you have paid the $44.99 for that if it was the only source to get those episodes (throw Animeigo and ADV out the window). Do you think that set of discs was worth the $44.99?  If not what i the alternate you would do (again no Animeigo or ADV remastered releases).

Thanks.

Not worth it to me personnaly...But now that used sets can be found at places such as EB Games for $9.99...well...its still not worth it to me :rolleyes:

the same can be said of current music and movies

MSW, few quick questions. Your points are all valid but I'm going to use the first Robotech DVDs as an example. The legacy box sets had an MSRP of $44.99 for the not remastered VHS dumps onto DVD with a mediocre extras disc (unless you wanted the Sentinels). Would you have paid the $44.99 for that if it was the only source to get those episodes (throw Animeigo and ADV out the window). Do you think that set of discs was worth the $44.99?  If not what i the alternate you would do (again no Animeigo or ADV remastered releases).

Thanks.

the same can be said of current music and movies

Bingo! That's why some people would ratehr find means of getting them "free". Nobody wants to pay good money for crap and both the film and music industry have been releasing a whole lot of crap lately.

(only DVDs I've bought recently next to the Miyazaki stuff are Spider-Man 2, Big Fish, Sky Capt and Saved. The Incredibles is the only other DVD coming out that I'm getting. Most of the rest I don't mind getting a bit torrent of.

Hm, while considering the legalities of media distribution via the internet, this makes for an interesting read:

http://news.com.com/Legal+reprieve+for+Rus..._3-5602743.html

If the Russians choose not to prosocute, this will open up a whole sh*tload of concern for the music industry... and might have implications for the movie industry as well.

If the Russkies can do this with MP3s and get away with it... then I imagine that it won't be too long before they try a similar 'discount' distribution model for movies.

Personally, I think folks like the MPAA are just being greedy bastards. They could make money hand over fist if they encouraged low cost distribution and easy access to their media. Rather than fight the inevitable they should be looking to shape the future in their favor... as it is, their combative attitude only encourages a Robin Hood mentality among netizens...

Bingo! That's why some people would ratehr find means of getting them "free". Nobody wants to pay good money for crap and both the film and music industry have been releasing a whole lot of crap lately.

You know most of us pay good money to garbage collectors to get rid of the crap we already have...If you want free crap, we could all save a bunch of money by connecting our toliets to your house!

If you consider it crap when its selling for $20 on the CD rack, then WTF makes it worth a free download?...crap is crap.

My gawd, with all the mud you guys like to sling at the music and film industry for produceing such crap...Its like your neighbors have a Pitt Bull they swear craps solid gold...you can even buy a pile of it for $20 at thier weekly garage sale...But you can obviously tell the dogs crap is like that of any other dog and pass on the deal...Yet, late at night you sneak over and steal some :rolleyes:

Its not like practicaly every store that sells music doesn't have a CD lisening station, its not like you can't rent DVDs and video games...it's not like you don't have tons of music, film and even video game reviews to gauge the general opinion and value with...with as much time and effort as it takes to download crap for free you could already be aware of just how crappy the crap is...But no, you want your crap, and want to eat it too...instant satisfaction is the name of the game, not enough patience to wait for soemthing to reach the discount bin, not enough forsight to wait until the hype dies down, can't be bothered with checking through the compilation or "best of" CDs for those particular songs you want...nope its just consume, consume, consume.

You know most of us pay good money to garbage collectors to get rid of the crap we already have...If you want free crap, we could all save a bunch of money by connecting our toliets to your house!

If you consider it crap when its selling for $20 on the CD rack, then WTF makes it worth a free download?...crap is crap.

My gawd, with all the mud you guys like to sling at the music and film industry for produceing such crap...Its like your neighbors have a Pitt Bull they swear craps solid gold...you can even buy a pile of it for $20 at thier weekly garage sale...But you can obviously tell the dogs crap is like that of any other dog and pass on the deal...Yet, late at night you sneak over and steal some :rolleyes:

Its not like practicaly every store that sells music doesn't have a CD lisening station, its not like you can't rent DVDs and video games...it's not like you don't have tons of music, film and even video game reviews to gauge the general opinion and value with...with as much time and effort as it takes to download crap for free you could already be aware of just how crappy the crap is...But no, you want your crap, and want to eat it too...instant satisfaction is the name of the game, not enough patience to wait for soemthing to reach the discount bin, not enough forsight to wait until the hype dies down, can't be bothered with checking through the compilation or "best of" CDs for those particular songs you want...nope its just consume, consume, consume.

it is astonishing how you don't even bother to read what people are actually saying... and then take one line and then run off in some strange tangent. first it was nazis and now it's trash collectors.

• 2 weeks later...

it is astonishing how you don't even bother to read what people are actually saying... and then take one line and then run off in some strange tangent. first it was nazis and now it's trash collectors.

Yeah, eugimon, I waited patiently before I got back to this. After over a week of looking over his rant, I still don't understand why he can't understand what everyone's saying. Still, he's got balls calling me, of all people, a trash collector despite my limited spending on things. I guess some people are just beyond reasoning and aren't worth being treated as people because they just are below that.

Let me know when you find some dog crap that has one thing you want on it, be it a jewel the dog ate/song/whatever, you go ahead and purchase that dog crap for $20. In the meantime, I'm gonna go look at another pile of poo, take whatever it is I want from that dog crap, wash it off, and save myself $20. After that's done and said, I hope you enjoyed spending $20 on dog crap. As to what you're going to do with that dog crap...is anyone's guess...use your $20 worth of dog crap to your heart's content!

Edited by Oihan