Completed Custom Q-Rau Models

baronv

Well here's my posting of the first models I've ever put together, so forgive some of the shoddiness that comes with experimenting.

I picked up the 1/144 Queadluun-Raus and tried painting them in the different colors I've seen them in: Macross TV, DYRL and Mac 7; though I had to take liberties with the paint schemes used.

Here's the model of the Chlore gold Q-Rau from Mac 7, "Fleet of the strongest women" episode, Milia red Q-rau from DYRL, and the green Q-Rau from the t.v. series.

qrau33iu.jpg

Here's the illustrated versions.

qrauart1bk.jpg

Ooo... that gold one sure is shiny. ;)

Nice job. We dont get to see too much non-valks being made. Good to see more Q-Raus showing up.

I thought the Bandai 1/144 Q-Rau was a decent size... but geez, compared to the 1/60 Yamato Q-Rau, those things are midgety. :wacko:

Hey, Those look really great for your first kits! Thanks for sharing them here!

Can you post some close up pics of the head/torso area?

Thanks for the close ups!

I think you got the colors right on even though that gold scheme is... something. :p

Overall the models have a great finish, but those darn seams really take away from an otherwise great finish. I'm just giving some constructive criticism here(not nit-picking). I have always had trouble with seams too. I've just started using Tamiya brand putty (as recommended by several modelers here) and it is really a dream to work with compared to other putties I have tried. I encourage you to give it a try on your next models.

Thanks for sharing and keep building! It's always great to see other peoples' work!

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I know the seams are tough to get through. I tried handling these carefully since when I tried to push in some of the parts to close up the gaps, I ended up breaking some of the pieces, so I ended up just leaving the gaps in since I truly do bad at gluing pieces together already. As for the gold Q-Rau, I just wanted to see it made since I haven't seen a custom of it based on the MAc 7 episode.

Oh yeah, I definitely feel your pain concerning those seams. Like I said, I ALWAYS have a headache with seams! :p Although I am getting better thanks in part to the info and tips I've seen posted here. I'm just trying to pass on some of those tips that have worked for me.

I also know those older kits are not easy to work with either. :blink: You have done a great job with them and the paint and decalling looks far superior to most modelers' first effort! As for the gold scheme, that's just a matter of opinion and you've done a fine job pulling it off. I've never seen any pics of that before(I haven't seen Mac7). The more I look at it it kind of grows on me. I definitely like the copper color you used on the shoulder areas and feet. Can you let me know what color that is and what brand of paints you used for these?

I can't wait to see some more of your work in the future!

Edited by jardann