SpiderBug 1/72 by Gundamhead

Gerwalker

There was a screen cap of one being tossed around inside a ship...I was thinking of building one working on a Hasegawa VF1....little diorama scene. You could suspend it from above with a wire to the base or you could lift it up from the bottom with an acrylic rod.

Glad you like the kit. I agree...Joe put a stunning amount of detail into the little bugger.

Well I gotta say, now that I've gotten my Spiderbug, that this is freekin' cool.

To build a cockpit or not to build.

Then there's that lightbar...cast one outta clear green or build one up and paint it....

Well I gotta say, now that I've gotten my Spiderbug, that this is freekin' cool.

Then there's that lightbar...cast one outta clear green or build one up and paint it....

what a great idea...I never thought of casting it in clear. FUDGE! I don't have any crystal clear resin...but I have some clear stuff that takes tint well...maybe Ill try a couple yellow, blue, and red translucent bars out...news to come...

• 3 weeks later...

what a great idea...I never thought of casting it in clear. FUDGE! I don't have any crystal clear resin...but I have some clear stuff that takes tint well...maybe Ill try a couple yellow, blue, and red translucent bars out...news to come...

Well...months later then I planned I finally got around to trying out some translucent resins. I try not to work with clears as the stuff will kill you (literally! ) but I have messed around tinting translucents...so heres my first few trys. I started out with a clear (thinking I could use a clear Tamiya paint to make it any color I wanted) and I think I like that best. I also tried tinting it blue, green, and yellow. Blue I would say is the next best. Green might be okay, but I need a lighter tint as it's overpowering the translucent.

Just sharing what I did. :)

parts.jpg

scheme1.jpg

and

scheme2.jpg

The blue looks awesome, but I don't know how much good a blue light would be in space? :blink:

Thinks it over :wacko:

What the heck! It looks cool so I vote blue! :lol: