Xbox games with robots

Hello friends!

My girlfriend got me an X-Box for Christmas. I'd like to ask you guys a favor: to name some XBox games with robots/mecha in it, and if possible, your opinions on the game (suck?good?etc.). You guys were a great help when I asked for suggestions on dreamcast games, and I'd appreciate any suggestions you could give for the XBox! :D

Ok, games with Robots............mmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

--- Sorry forgot my opinion ------

- Murakumo

Good game, the hype and the promo videos for it were high but at the end the game falls short, its a high speed-action game of robots chasing other robots, I wanted to played so bad when it came out, only put it once do and stashed it away, you can try it see if you like it, game is very cheap if you get a used one around $9.99 at any gamestop or EB games store

- Gunmetal

I've not play this one, only seeing the title at the stores mentioned before, is cheap around $19.99 or less, I'm drawn to the name since it reminds me of a color made by Gunze for GUNDAM plastic kit models

- Metal Arms: Glitch in the system

This one I know is a good game, like a version of a mechanical HALO, might not be as good, but the actions is very similar and is also very cheap I've seen it for less than $9.99

- GunValkyrie - humans with armor fighting mutants and robots

This one I like the best since I've played more than Murakumo, is a platform third person shooter, it reminds me of the earlier games you jump, shoot, duck and continue to the next level, pretty graphics, you can get it for less than $12.99

- Robotech: Battlecry

Hey, what can I said it has robots and they look like Valkyries ^_^

you can get it for $7.99

Those are the only ones I can think right now If I remember anything else I let you know

:rolleyes:

Edited by ObiJ

Ok, games with Robots............mmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

- Murakumo

- Gunmetal

- Metal Arms: Glitch in the system

- GunValkyrie - humans with armor fighting mutants and robots

Those are the only ones I can think right now If I remember anything else I let you know

:rolleyes:

You forgot Mechassault! That's probably the only mecha game for the Xbox that I liked.

Actually I'm with you Prime, I forgot to put in on the list, I liked on PS2 and I gave it away in hopes of buying the xbox version, hopefully the graphics will look better, but I did wanted to put it on my list

For being a multiplatform game of the anime I like even if is base of the ripped-off version by Macek, still is the only next best thing we have here in the states

Edited by ObiJ

I think MechAssault is the best mech game on the Xbox, its one of the best games for Xbox overall actually. The 2nd one is also coming out soon if you wanna check that out. Steel battalion is supposed to be awesome, Ive seen it being played, very very sim. Of course its $200 msrp if you can even find it.

I think MechAssault is the best mech game on the Xbox, its one of the best games for Xbox overall actually. The 2nd one is also coming out soon if you wanna check that out. Steel battalion is supposed to be awesome, Ive seen it being played, very very sim. Of course its $200 msrp if you can even find it.

I've seen steel battalion used without the joystick for $50, but dunno if it works also with the regular controller only.

Steel Battalion is good, if you don't mind shelling out $149+ for it. I have it and enjoy playing it, now all I have to do is build a cockpit set up and make it feel like I'm in the VT (Vertical Tank, in Steel Battalion).

Metal Wolf Chaos is coming out soon in Japan, made by From Software (Armored Core). I have mine modded, and plan to buy the import version. I have no idea if this is coming out stateside, but the game involves the President of the United States w/ a kickass robot suit. Here's the mainpage: Metal Wolf Chaos

Just hope this comes out in the US.

There's Gun Griffin Allied Strike, and of course Mech Assault 2...

Steel Battalion is good, if you don't mind shelling out $149+ for it. I have it and enjoy playing it, now all I have to do is build a cockpit set up and make it feel like I'm in the VT (Vertical Tank, in Steel Battalion).

Everyone I know that bought it played it for maybe a week and shelved it. I borrowed it from one of my friends, and while the setup is pretty cool, control stick sensitivity is still an issue, and a lot of the buttons on the controller are used at start up, and that's it. I personally would have rather paid less for a slightly smaller controller, especially if anything that could have been eliminated would have made your field of view larger. In other words, I think it's a pretty cool idea, but for the price, you could buy an Xbox, a Nintendo DS, a PS2, or three brand new games.

Right now XBOX is an awesome console for mech games. heres the list:

GunGriffon: Allied Strike :D just got this one and like it a lot.

Steel Battalion & Steel Battalion Line of Contact :D never played but i'm sure its pretty cool

Mech Assualt :D

Yager :(

Gun Metal :)

Phantom Crash :)

Robotech: Battlecry :D some like it and some don't but i had a good time with this title

Gun Valkyrie :D not really a mech game. controls are awkward but still not bad and really cheap. Wheres the sequel Sega?

Battle Engine Aquila- never played it, looks interesting

Murakumo- never played it but pretty sure its not good

Metal Arms- never played it, looks good though

:D = great

:) = good

:( = bad

Soon to be released:

Mech Assualt 2

Metal Wolf Chaos

I've only played Armored Core on the PSX but would really like to play the ones for the PS2. I also really like the Gundam games on PS2 and want to play the new "Encounter in Space" game. right now the PS2 is a great system for mech games too. I need to get one. ZOE looks kewl too.

Edited by Panzer

I've only played Armored Core on the PSX but would really like to play the ones for the PS2.

I've played all the armored core PSX titles (AC, AC: Project Phantasma, AC: Master of Arena) and PS2's Armored Core 2 and 3. I REALLY like the series, but it just seems like the same game over and over with relatively minor improvements. However, because I REALLY like Armored Core, I'm still going to eventually buy AC2: Another Age, AC: Silent Line, and whatever came out this year. Has anyone here played these ones, and if so, any noticeable changes?

Everyone I know that bought it played it for maybe a week and shelved it.

Did anyone you know play Line of Contact, the online version? That game fixed a lot of issues I had with the original game. Sadly, due to a few nasty bugs and no support from Capcom, not a lot of people play it anymore.