GTO

arrow

The live-action GTO aired in 1998 and ran for 12 episodes. The final episodes drew the highest TV rating in Japanese history. GTO featured Takashi Sorimachi and his wife Naoko Matsushima (Ringu) playing Onizuka and Fuyutsuki, respectively.

A TV special followed, which paved the way for GTO: The Movie.

Compared to the anime and manga, the live-action GTO is severely toned down. Though Onizuka still looks up girls' skirts, he's much less perverted. There is no nudity and a lot of the ecchi references are downplayed.

"Why isn't there a review of this?" you ask? Well, I haven't been able to watch the series yet.

You can find out more about the live-action TV series at JDorama. Forget about the GTO Movie. It is extremely boring and is waste of time. The TV Special is still okay.

I haven't seen the GTO anime nor manga, but I thought the live-action TV series was pretty good and plausible (meaning, looks like it can really happen in real-life).

If you like GTO, you can try Gokusen as well.

You should be able to find the bittorrent files for them quite easily at D-Addicts.

GTO the live-action TV series, I loved it. :) From episode one I couldn't stop watching it because I wanted to know what would happen next!

Plus Onizuka in this was really badass, especially with some of his facial expressions that would crack me up. :lol:

And on the plus side, I didn't have to wince looking at the character design, since the manga/anime looks like butt to me! :p

I've been a huge fan of GTO ever since I was able to get a hold of the first three issues of the manga from the kodansha bilingual series (LONG before it came out in the US)... these had both the Japanese and a direct-english translation... they kicked ass!

I now have most of the manga and I've seen the entire animated series. I have heard good and bad things about the live-action show, but I know it was well-recieved in Japan.