Question for members in Japan

Mechamaniac

OK, I lived in Japan for two years, and I know that Christmas is a big deal there too.

So, I was wondering if anyone has seen any Macross, or Gundam, or Anime in general Christmas ornaments?

eBay revealed nothing, as did Google.

I just think it would be sweet to have a little Gundam threatening my other ornaments with certain destruction! :lol:

Yeah, I could make one, I know, but I figure there has to be something official out there? :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: a gundam tree, sounds a little geekish :lol::lol::lol: ...i like, i think i am going to have to make one for myself :lol: :lol: . i have never seen any ornaments however, i guess you could make your own really easy, there are so many gashapons out there there are probably many other things you can use, if you do make one please take pics for all of us to see. Edited by zeo-mare

OK, I lived in Japan for two years, and I know that Christmas is a big deal there too.

Well, that's news to me!

It's more of a romantic thing, for couples. More like Valentine's Day.

Well Christmas isn't an official holiday... it's more like that "hip american holiday they celebrate to be cool like americans"... and they have KFC holiday dinners and Strawberry Christmas cakes. And yeah its more of a party/romantic holiday and New Years is more a family thing.

Well, to be fair, I was there 14 years ago, times have changed perhaps... :p

At least where I was, there were decorations up everywhere, and lots of Christmas stuff in the stores.

Then again, it was near a large Military base, so the local populace was probably either more Americanized, or catering to the base population.