Hi could i get some help with my hase vf1a?

Lynn_Lynn

Hi everyone! (please forgive me I'm new lol :lol: )

I just bought a 1/72 vf1A model kit by hasegawa from hobby fan! I'm most excited becuase this is my first Valkyrie model (I know I'm a pathetic fan :( ). But I have worked on alot of models before lol and I want this one to stand out from the rest of my models :p . Lol So I'm here to ask a couple question of you ( I hope you dont mind). So first off I opened up the model package (with a smile of course lol) And instantly noticed that the whole model was modeled in white. I was wondering if it was wise to shoot paint straight onto that? Or should I go and primer it? Lol I'm asking this becuase im limited on paint and primer. Lol also I was wondering what colours I should shoot on my new baby? I was thinking sakura pink, candy blue, maybe even chameleon? Hehe lol I'm a big fan of pink but i doubt I can get it lol. Also I was thinking about custom emblems? WOndering if u could give me any ideas? I was thinking maybe a outline of Lynn, or Mylene, Maybe even ishtar, or basara? Also Should I use a combonation of air brushed emblems with the provided decals (wich are great btw :D ). Oh yes is there a way to high lights the panel lines after I shoot the paint over it? I tried before but it just ended up chipping off some paint lol. Oh yeah one more thing (hope this isnt too much) I was wondering about the canopy should i paint it from teh inside, or paint it on the outside and shoot clear over it?

I hope this list doesnt bother anyone and if it does I'm sorry :( ( I'll delete it right away if so). And thank you for reading! :)

Hey LL,

Great to have you on board. I don't usually prime my Hasegawa VF-1 because the engraving is so fine, that I'm afraid that I would obscure it. It also helps that its a white bird on white plastic - but without primer, you have to be extra careful about your seams. I pick out the panel lines with a oil wash after the intial stages of paint. Follow along my thread on the VF-1 + Booster, and I'll walk you though my construction process for the VF-1.

Good luck,

Wm