Why doesn't bandai reissue the JM's?

sleddogg83

I think it all has to do with the crappy 1/55 VF-1 sales that made Bandai say "We can't make money off of this so why bother making anything else?!" It's pretty understandable since Bandai's biggest cash-cow has been Gundam for more than two decades. If the sales for the 1/55 were better; maybe Bandai would've made some newly designed High Grade models or even Master Grade kits of various Macross mecha. Sure, I would love to buy a Joke-Machine for around 20-30 but it's not going to happen any time soon. :(

You got to know that the Macross fan base in Japan in virtually non existance at the moment. Besides a few die-hard fans scattered around, most of them are in the States! Since BanDai sells primarily most of its toy in Japan, they surely would not re-issue something, which they know will not sell at all :(

Andy :)

I reside in Hong Kong currently and can say that most toy shops or model shops have heap loads of Gundam stuff stocked up and this trend has not changed for many years!

Transformers can be seen in some toy shops but most of them now stock all the little toys, gashapon etc. They are cheap, small (especially good since living space in Hong Kong comes at a cost!) and can get you hooked very easy...ahhh...this one looks good...hmmm...this one is cute...okay gotta get the whole set, again another vicious circle!

Andy :)

to be honest i like the UC gundam series more than any of the AU...lets admited...some of the more recent gundams look like they were crapped outta okawara's butt <_< and you have to remind yourself, the AU series have been targeted towards CHILDEREN...so yeah...they'll look cheesie, much like many of the toys of our generation...that's expected, you don't have to like gundam...but just like mcdonalds (since you mentioned them), they always have those items you'll buy to please your hunger until you can get something better :p