Torus Trooper

wolfx

Darn you Wolfx.. I've been playing this since I downloaded it. My fingers hurt. Owie :(

Fun though. :D

Get a gamepad*. Better yet, a stick.

Can't play shooters with a keyboard.

Unless they're first-person.

*I'm using a Saitek P880. 'S cheap(about 20$), and has a fairly accurate d-pad, as well as the now-standard twin analog thumbsticks in Sony-style locations. Though I think it's better without the software installed, so the "shift" button can be used as a normal key(makes a great "start" for emulator usage).

I *WAS* using a gamepad. :) Up to 16 now on Normal, can't seem to survive long enough to break 16.

Oh. Sorry.

No biggie. :)

Yah. I'm just too used to people believing everything should be played on the keyboard(worst. gaming device. ever.) and refusing to look at anything else.

Seems like most people don't have experience with this game. It's actually fairly fun in a brainless way. :)

Yah. The speed is great. It'd be pretty fun if there was a mode where you could just stomp the gas and not shoot at anything, just dodging bullets.

Yah. The speed is great. It'd be pretty fun if there was a mode where you could just stomp the gas and not shoot at anything, just dodging bullets.

Thought that was what I had been doing all the time... :)

Actually I find it a bit strange, in that I didn't go out of my way to dodge the bullets ('cept for the heavier enemies which lays a heavy concentration of fire) but I never seem to get hit by any stray fire.

Level 16 on Normal is just too heavy in terms of enemy fire. Have to adopt a new tactic.

Thought that was what I had been doing all the time... :)

Actually I find it a bit strange, in that I didn't go out of my way to dodge the bullets ('cept for the heavier enemies which lays a heavy concentration of fire) but I never seem to get hit by any stray fire.

Level 16 on Normal is just too heavy in terms of enemy fire. Have to adopt a new tactic.

Go slow...and steady. Charge up your fire and nullify most of the fire and fire ahead before the enemy refires his bullets. Slow is better than losing 15 secs to death. >_<

Got past 16, now at 25.. is there no end?? <_<

I think a combination works best. When in the half-tunnels, use the charged shots -- any enemy shots you take out rack up points too, with modifiers (I got lots of x100 when I tailed a bigger enemy). That gives you lots of points and hence +15 secs.

Besides, you can't really dodge in the half-tunnels, so using the charged shots to clear a path is about the best way.

In the full tunnels, forget the charged shots, just blitz through (and spiral through) as fast as you can while holding down the trigger. Your barrel rolls will evade most of the shots, while your high speed will spray the shots everywhere to claim more kills.

I won't say go too slow.. keep at about 2000 KPH/ MPH, because that's when the spraying shots will occur. You do need to keep an eye on the time AND the number of enemies left. When you get to about 1 or 2 left, you need to play catchup with the boss, and that typically takes about 10 secs before you get into range.. so can't really afford to lose too much time up front either.