Is this extortion?

identityno

Wondering around Ebay I found this:

http://stores.ebay.com/WWW-TISINC99-COM_Ma...displayZ2QQtZkm

Now, I must ask: is this fair? Are the prices that this person is asking actually realistic? $250 for a 2nd Edition 1/48 VF-1S? Did the value of these toys skyrocket this much while I was away? I never had a chance to buy one when they were cheap!

Or can you still find these toys for $135 + shipping somewhere? Because I want one, and may finally get one, but I am not going to pay some jerk an outlandish some of money, hopefully.

Thanks,

Gregory Scott

P.S. I ask that you don't flame me, for whatever possible reason that you might be compelled by. I mean you no harm.

Rad.

I was actually browsing Twin Moons and Valk Ex. when you posted your reply, but who is PM Neova? I don't recognize that name.

Thanks be to God that Yamato is doing a reissue. I hate it when toys get so valuable that you can't afford them anymore. They are just toys. I mean, I love them, and I think they are neat, but it is still just a toy, and one shouldn't need to spend two grand on a toy. Or even $250, especially for something that just came out a year ago.

Regards,

Gregory Scott

He means personal message (PM) Neova. As far as the pricing, IMHO I say that if thats the price the seller wants, thats their right. Just because the valks are hard to find after a year doesn't mean the price should reflect the original price tag. Just remember when valks went for $900.

Edited by Hurricane29

Wondering around Ebay I found this:

http://stores.ebay.com/WWW-TISINC99-COM_Ma...displayZ2QQtZkm

Now, I must ask: is this fair? Are the prices that this person is asking actually realistic? $250 for a 2nd Edition 1/48 VF-1S?

That $250 through their eBay store is a bargain. Check out tisinc's internet store and they'll sell you that same VF-1S for only $25 more. That's right, $275 and it could be yours. Personally, I've always received good service from tisinc, but they've got a nasty habit of price-gouging. If they had any Low-Viz in stock, they'd be $390 each. Ouch.

I'd wait for the reissues. I want to see super and strike combo deal. Hopefully if enough people can convince the robotech crowd to buy yamato 1/48 valks it might create enough resurgence of interest to make more, so noobs like me can get them at sane price? I also wonder if they will release kakizaki in limited number? If they make it in limited number, it could help boost demand for it, and while people are fighting over Roy, the completists who has everything can get this, leaving us noobs time to catch up?

98.gif

^

That is my all-time fave character in street fighter alpha series of games. He has like the best normal move combos. I just stole your avatar for future boards. :D

I think he is the only one that can match and defeat akuma's/gouki's? killing moves and in his story he manages to beat him in a death match. (I'ts not fair that a murderer got to kill ryu's/ken's master and other 'old guys' from sfa1 and gets away with it imo)

Theoretically it is possible to perform:

jab punch>short kick>strong punch>forward kick>fierce punch>roundhouse.

Of course that is assuming the dummy you are fighting is not being pushed back, so it is practically impossible to do. But the sheer idea that any normal can be cancelled into more normal moves is awesome.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I suppose that people can charge whatever they bloody well feel like, but that does have a negative effect on the market, and it also makes a lot of people fighting mad. Its artificial inflation. That toy isn't really worth $250 a year after its release, that vendor raises the price because he's betting there is a sucker out there that will spend that much (and on Ebay, there probably is). Altering the values of things is a pretty evil thing to do. That is precisely why we had the problem of the $1200 1/55 Valks a few years ago. Its just outrageous to do that, most especially when there are re-releases on the way— whoever shells out $250 (more with shipping, of course) for a valuable collectible is going to eventually find that their toy lost most of its value. There is a whole universe of people selling and trading collectibles, and there is so much dirty pool being played that it is sick. I hate to watch greedy people looking for a fast buck taking in suckers— it does have an effect on the collecting community as a whole.

"PM Neova"— I figured out what this meant immediately after I posted my question about it.

Lowviz:

Yeah, Gen is a pretty cool character. I rather like the Street Fighter Alpha artwork and design. I forgot that I had that avatar; this is the only forum I've used one on, and I haven't posted anything in quite a while.

Cheers,

Gregory Scott

That is precisely why we had the problem of the $1200 1/55 Valks a few years ago. Its just outrageous to do that, most especially when there are re-releases on the way— whoever shells out $250 (more with shipping, of course) for a valuable collectible is going to eventually find that their toy lost most of its value. There is a whole universe of people selling and trading collectibles, and there is so much dirty pool being played that it is sick. I hate to watch greedy people looking for a fast buck taking in suckers— it does have an effect on the collecting community as a whole.

amen bro. Which is why my idea that they make a limited edition kakizaki or something to lure away some of the people who have way too much money. It's not easy if you still haven't had your first chance to get Roy heh. I was so pissed when I was just a few minutes late into coming into a store to get roy and then somebody got it before me. Grr..

They should just release a special Roy with FP/Strike combo like they did with 1/60.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I was really worried about this as they were the only source of Roys until Yamato announced that they would be rereleasing the Roys. I don't need any more Hikaru's, therefore, Roys are my only problem right now. I say wait it out if you need a Roy, and stuff TISINC.