Toy ID

VF-1D Strike

I personally don't care too much for mint in box toys as it's a lot of extra money and I display them on a shelf anyway.

does this mean guppy has boxes to trade???????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

to many question marks ????? :lol:

Glad blackaces stepped up and clarified the alpha thing. Whats this model???

The seller hasn't answered the question about how big it was so I can't justify bidding, but maybee... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=36568&rd=1

Hey Noel, thanx for the info and clearing things up!! By the way are you selling that alpha? How much do these run anyway? I'd like to possibly pick one up and see how it is. :p:D:lol:

Hey noel, can you at least tell me how much your's is anyway? I know yours is in mint condition with everything included, so whatever the price is, it'll reflect on the condition. The green valk on the auction is missing the gun and has a broken antenna. I don't want that. I would like to know what the price range of these are. Please let me know. thanx

:p:D:lol:

hey noel, thanx. you were right. OUCH!!! :p:D:lol: Anyway, is there any difference between the japanese one and the american release one? I know the 1/35 scale japanese ones came with missles to fire out of the gun, and the american release one didn't have that option. That's the only difference I found between the two. But the 1/55 might be different. Any idea?

If I'm not mistaken, what is distinctive about the 1/55 trimode Legioss is (a) the way the vertical stabilizers/tailfins on the legs are diagonal in fighter mode, and (b) the lack of elbow articulation. The 1/35 and the dual-mode 1/55 have vertical tailfins and normal elbow articulation. The 1/72 looks horrible in fighter mode and has an opaque canopy which distinguishes it in diver mode. It looks okay in battroid mode but it can be distinguished by the fact that the air intakes aren't colored in.

These are my observations based on http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/gsamson_legioss.html

(But I just noticed that Noel's pic of the 1/55 trimode also doesn't have the intakes colored in.)

The http://mospeada.free.fr/ is also an excellent place for identifying toys. Tip: when an image doesn't show up on that site, it's because the author mixed up his forward and back slashes. You can manually correct the URL to get the image to show up.

Edited by ewilen

I personally don't care too much for mint in box toys as it's a lot of extra money and I display them on a shelf anyway.

does this mean guppy has boxes to trade???????????????????????????????

to many question marks ????? :lol:

lol, you would be horrified to hear that I have a garage full of boxes - and the last time I looked in there they were all starting to go mouldy!

Blackaces is right on about everything he reported on the Legioss'. There was in fact a red version of the Henshin Robo - I know because I owned all three as a youngster - the red one, the blue one, and the green one. They were about $10-15.00 US each when I bought them in about 1984-5. I don't know what ever happened to them (I'd love to get that sort of money for them now), but likely I threw them away or gave them to younger kids :(

Ewilen - The intakes on those Legioss models used black decals to fill them in. This is why you see them "unfilled" on models without the stickers applied. *Edit - oops, misread your post. Nevermind :) *

I also had all 3 of the small convertible ride armors, the red "Rook" type, the dark blue "Lancer" type, and the light bluish green "Scott" type. Sorry I don't know the correct names for these guys, but I was more a student of Robotech at that time. Wish I still had these too :(

Edited by Hiriyu