Bandai 1/55 Macross Valkyries

jonwayne

the hip joints are SORTA ball jointed (you can angle them out a little, but not much). I have a VF-1A HCM. The arms don't have any ratchets in them at all, allowing for a wider range of posability. The legs have rachets in the "straight" position and a couple of others I think, but you can pose them anywhere inbetween also.

Mine also has a really horrible fighter mode, I don't know if they're all like that or if there is something I'm missing. I think it's got a pretty good gerwalk mode for it's time, certainly better than the 1/55s had.

its too bad the molds were destroyed in a boating accident.

Okay, now where did you hear this from? :huh: The reason I ask this is because every time I have heard a rumor that some toy mold was either destroyed or deteriorated, the toy seems to get reissued. Too much hear say! :D

Edited by Valkfan

Shin, I think Skull Leader has already answered your questions! Theres no doubt that if you want a brick of a toy the 1/55s feel much more solid and have much greater heft to them. The HCMs compensate with increased mobility, better (if not entirely accurate) detail and neat features like rubber landing gear and "proper" missile slots.

I'm also a bit annoyed because I had the opportunity to buy the HCM "cannon fodder" VF-1A, and didn't, which is a shame, as I think its got a lovely colour scheme as a HCM.

I've never handled a MPC, so I couldn't tell you how it compares, though its obvious in pictures just how much Toynami based the MPC on the original HCM design - and personally speaking, I think the HCM has better proportions; the MPC looks a bit too "stretched" into the larger scale.

man I am so all about bandai. Sure the 1/60 was nice but could be way better. 1/48 fixed everything wrong on the 1/60 toywise, but didn't have the solidity or durability or finish of the 1/48. Well this weekend boys after 10 years of waiting and searchin(1994-2004) I FINALLY got a bandai super valkyrie reissue over at nekocon this weekend!! I now I was in love with the 1/48 when I got it last x mas...but man nothing can EVER replace a 1/55!!!!!!

I LOVE it!! Makes me want a hikaru 1J and cannon fodder BANDAI now!!

ANd fzero thanks for the HCM pics!! Thanks skull leader for the answers...HCM looks WONDERFUL. OO man I wish that boating accident never happend.

valkfan I forgot who said the molds were destroyed, I either read it at toyboxdx or some other site, all I remember was that it was credible/