Whats worth getting?

rewooh

I love the 1/48 Yamato VF-1. It rocks.

The only thing I'm disappointed with, and I have to grudgingly admit, is that Toynami did a slightly better job with their super armor. The Yamato super armor is very nice however, and it does allow you to make a strike Valkyrie... the only problem I have with it is that it causes "floppy backpack syndrome" when the 1/48 is in battroid.

duuuude, you really need to read the boards and instructions, number 1, the white part helps secure things in place and number 2 you have to press the back hatch in a little so two tabs hold it securely.

A side story.

I was flipping through one of those crappy Beckett Anime mags, and I came across their top ten anime toys... Can anybody guess, for $1 Million what it was? Keep in mind that this is Beckett's main Anime mag (although a huge proportion was devoted to Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh... Which they have 2 other mags for).

Personally I like the Yamato 1:60s for their overall looks and playability. While I don't have any 1:48's yet, I'm sure I'll like them too when I get one.

I'm quite surprised at when Yamato sends a product out with no Q/C problems (as was the case with my Max 1A) at how tough they can be. Sure you have to be somewhat gentle when transforming it, but it can pull off some nice poses, and has a nice hefty feel to it. However, the fact that you have several removeable parts, the Yamato isn't something I'd recommend to children under at least 6-8 years old. Little parts can disappear around them.

A side story.

I was flipping through one of those crappy Beckett Anime mags, and I came across their top ten anime toys... Can anybody guess, for $1 Million what it was? Keep in mind that this is Beckett's main Anime mag (although a huge proportion was devoted to Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh... Which they have 2 other mags for).

Personally I like the Yamato 1:60s for their overall looks and playability. While I don't have any 1:48's yet, I'm sure I'll like them too when I get one.

I'm quite surprised at when Yamato sends a product out with no Q/C problems (as was the case with my Max 1A) at how tough they can be. Sure you have to be somewhat gentle when transforming it, but it can pull off some nice poses, and has a nice hefty feel to it. However, the fact that you have several removeable parts, the Yamato isn't something I'd recommend to children under at least 6-8 years old. Little parts can disappear around them.

No, no it must have been the pickachu plushy!!!! :lol::p

I love the 1/48 Yamato VF-1.  It rocks.

The only thing I'm disappointed with, and I have to grudgingly admit, is that Toynami did a slightly better job with their super armor.  The Yamato super armor is very nice however, and it does allow you to make a strike Valkyrie... the only problem I have with it is that it causes "floppy backpack syndrome" when the 1/48 is in battroid.

if only people would read the instructions or check the boards before making such statements. How many times has this been covered? Or rather how many more times will people keep saying this?

I reeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly want to get into that comment, but no. :rolleyes:

Just what Vinnie said! :rolleyes:

Edited by Omni Existence

naw I think floppy back syundrone is caused since you didnt put the extra white piece. If you did and its floppy then i am wrong. IF so then this suckls. I will still get a pack however.

What i dotn like about the MPC fp is that on rick the magnets repel. what the hell?

Actually I did put in the extra white piece and it didn't help. I'm going to try something else that someone pointed me to and see if that helps. Until then, I just keep my VF-1S Strike hunched over so the thing doesn't flop around too much.

It is not just the white piece, you need to push the back hatch down so it locks on the two tiny tabs, then once you place the hook, even without the white piece it should be strong enough to carry the fast pack.

Otaku is totally right. Only press the hatch down and it will LOCK. It CAN PERFECTLY HOLD THE FAST PACKS and when you add the white spare piece it will not only look cooler, also will secure the FP in position even more.

The 1/48 is definetelly the ultimate Valk. No other company has ever made a better rendition of a Valkyrie EVER. I had collected every single valk from every single company and NONE of them can be compared with the YAmato 1/48.

In fact I guess my Chunky monkeys will end in the hands of my little son. When he grows up a little more.

Thanks guys!

Yah, I hadn't pushed the panel in past those catches. :rolleyes: Felt like I was gonna break something when I was pushing on it, though, made me very nervous. Backpack stays up great now, although I guess I'll have to not play with the Valk and transform it very often, as those catches look like they could wear out very quickly... Maybe I'll have to get busy with a pin vice drill and make some holes to put some fine brass rod into to pin the panel in place?

In comparison to the 1/48 line, everything else is garbage!

Yeah, but its 3x's more expensive

apples to oranges

yeah a $80,000 vipers awsome

but wouldnt ya rather have a $250,000 lamborghini diablo (of course)

Hmmmmm. You certainly have a point...

If money is the issue, then Banpresto 1/100s are the best.

3) The 1/48 DOES require at least 2 parts to be added/removed in Battroid transformations (to and from) and thats the intake covers, though I don't think it looks bad when I don't bring em along.

I think the intake covers are always closed when Valks are operating in space, so you could leave the intake covers on in fighter mode for a perfect transformation (especially if you have the FAST packs).

Also do the main intake covers open in battroid mode in atmosphere when the battroid uses the foot thrusters?