Questions about Macross toys.. VF-0, 1/55

Panzer

After a 2 year hiatus i am balls deep in Macross collecting again, my wallet is due for a diet and now am ready to buy some new toys. However i have a few questions:

1. When is the yammie VF-0 coming out? with my limited budget should i hold out for a winter release? or is this thing still in the distant, distant future?

2. 1/55 Re-Issue.... ok, i don't have one yet. I had a jetfire w/ the macross logos that was sold at a garage sale by my parents about 5 years ago :( I haven't been able to find a detailed review of the re-issues, are there any improvements from the originals? are the tail fin skull n' bone printed?

thats it, thanks.

After a 2 year hiatus i am balls deep in Macross collecting again, my wallet is due for a diet and now am ready to buy some new toys. However i have a few questions:

1. When is the yammie VF-0 coming out? with my limited budget should i hold out for a winter release? or is this thing still in the distant, distant future?

2. 1/55 Re-Issue.... ok, i don't have one yet. I had a jetfire w/ the macross logos that was sold at a garage sale by my parents about 5 years ago :( I haven't been able to find a detailed review of the re-issues, are there any improvements from the originals? are the tail fin skull n' bone printed?

thats it, thanks.

VF-) is due out this winter, though i'm not certain what the price will be. i assume it will average the same price as the 1/60's. :unsure:

the bandai re-issues are exactly the same as the original bandais from the 80's nothing has been changed, everything is exactly the same to my knowledge and the skull print is painted on.

thats it, thanks.

The 1/55 reissues are great, every thing is painted on now, no need for stickers.

Jetfire with UN Spacy logo at garage sale :o

valk1j, i know man... it was before i got back into macross and knew any better, basically they called me when i was in school and said they'd sold that "red and white" robot and my big "patlabor robot with the lights and sound". suxxxx :(:(

Edited by Panzer

valk1j, i know man... it was before i got back into macross and knew any better, basically they called me when i was in school and said they'd sold that "red and white" robot and my big "patlabor robot with the lights and sound". suxxxx :(:(

I know myself to well, I always come back to old things. I haven't even looked at my Gen. 1 transformers in years, but I'm not getting rid of them. Maybe I'll get back into them and start collecting. I could have easily sold my Gakken Legioss, but looking at the prices now, I'm glad I didn't. My rule is keep your stuff unless you really need the money, and keep the parents away from the collection. I think I'm going to go into the closet and dig out those transformers, I'm not sure what I got anymore, and that surprise is priceless.

I haven't been able to find a detailed review of the re-issues, are there any improvements from the originals? are the tail fin skull n' bone printed?

There are a few changes in the reissue line.

- The canopy can be removed and replaced with a heat shield in battroid mode.

- The forearms are slightly larger than the originals. You wouldn't notice unless you tried to outfit them with Jetfire arm armor.

- Like everyone else said, 95% of the stickers are now tampo-printed, which is a whole lot better. You can actually read the fine print now. :)

niice, i can't wait for my valk to arrive. i think those bandai's are great. like i've heard so many times on this forum before, they are the essence of the original valk design. they were the first toy that came out and they're shoji approved. 20 years of history and they are still the same design they've always been. thats what i call a classic.

double post... how fruity.. :p

anyways i was also wondering how the Bandai HCM VF's hold up against the 1/55's. i imagine they are a little more fragile and i know they're lots more $$. what do you guys think about them.