VF-0S

VF-19 pilot!!!

Good Job VF-19!!

Keep it up - please encourage all around to keep building. You've done a good job of hiding the seams if you didn't paint it - it means you couldn't fill them either (otherwise the filler will show). It goes to show how thoughtful the Hasegawa decals are - even if you don't really paint it, it still comes out great.

I would suggest the next time you do a wash, don't do it in black. Maybe only do the flaps and airbrake holes in black, but keep all the other panel lines in a light grey so they don't show up so strongly. You could vary the wash with varying degrees of grey to make some panels stand out more than others - generally the revits should be the lightest grey (it will add a bit more life to the overall panelling).

Keep up the great work!

(by the way, NICE EX-girlfriend to buy you that D-SLR - what did you do to become an EX? :lol: ) I wish I could get my wife to by me anything electronic!

Great job you did with your VF-0, one thing though.....since you didn´t painted it, I think you should put a clear coat on it (dull or gloss, your choice....could be done with future also) because the decal will come off in a matter of time.

Cheers

If you are gonna use future as a clear coat (my choice) then yes, you can apply it over the canopy, but don´t do it if you are using a dull coat.

Another thing, try to cut out the lefts over of the decal film from the tails of your VF-0.

Regards

I use ModelMaster laquer clear coats, and they have been perfectly stable on top of my oil washed Tamiya acrylics (they are designed not to yellow over time).

Future will give you an extremely glossy/shiny finish to the model - I'm not sure if that's the intended final finish you want for a military aircraft - a brand new car maybe. People often use future to give a clear, glossy smooth surface to decal on, then clear coat with something else that will give a flatter sheen.

Also just a tip, very glossy surfaces tend to look more toyish, - flatter finishes tend to look more like scaled down machines. Even if the actual object is quite glossy in real life, the scaled down model miniature will look more proper if it is flatter/matte than its real life counterpart.

(Do not clear coat the canopy unless its with future though...)

Edited by wm cheng