Mistery Gundam in and old pic...

Skull 0ne

I was looking through pics I saved from the old board and came across this pic of a 1/48 and this gundam. I have this gundam but have never been able to figure out what scale it is or what line it from, so I might be able to search on ebay for the missing sword and gun covers. So if the owner of this pic would please let me know any information about this toy there would be much gratitude :lol: . Thanks Aaron

that is one of the older gundams from the 1980's it is made by a company called Academy, if i recall it is either 1/48 or a somewhat not quite in scale 1/60, as for finding the weapons and stuff seperate i very seldom see them anymore

Edited by zeo-mare

that is one of the older gundamsĀ  from the 1980's it is made by a company called Academy, if i recall it is either 1/48 or a somewhat not quite in scale 1/60, as for finding the weapons and stuff seperate i very seldom see them anymore

That's closer to 1/60 it would seem. Definately in between 1/60 and 1/48 though.

Edited by Anubis

yes Academy is a Korean company and you are right it is a larger version of the HCM toys of the 1980's, they also have the super sized MK II Musha Gundam with the full Samurai Armor , i would not mind getting that one for mysef.

chris

That's closer to 1/60 it would seem. Definately in between 1/60 and 1/48 though.

Actually, it is closer to 1/48 than 1/60 - the PG MKII is 1/60, and is only 12" or so tall - right in line with the listed height of 18.5 meters from Mahq.net. the 1/48 VF-1 is 10.5" tall, again right in line with Mahq.net. From that pic, it looks like the MKII is about 17" tall, which works out to a scale of about 1/43 - which, from what I was told in elementary school mathematics, is less than 48 - which means that it's alot closer to 48 than it is to 60, and is actually not inbetween 1/60 and 1/48...

And, as has been said before, it's from Academy, and has been around since the late 80's or so...

Good call, fulcy, as far as I have always know it has been 1/43. And, as has also been stated, it is from the Korean company Academy. It's a very nice thick, hefty figure with sturdy clicking action when moving the the arms and legs. I believe my only issue is the grip is somewhat too loose to hold the gun, but that's not too-too bad.

It's Musha/Cloth counterpart is the General Marshall which actually states 1/60 on the box, but AFAIK it's the same 1/43.

Here's mine in back of my DX Gundams and 1/60 F91 hybrid model :D

Gundam1.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

yes Academy is a Korean company and you are right it is a larger version of the HCM toys of the 1980's, they also have the super sized MK II Musha Gundam with the full Samurai Armor , i would not mind getting that one for mysef.

chris

Yeah, if it's Academy (at least the Academy I'm thinking of), it's probably not a boot. They're known for doing aircraft models (in fact their WW2 kits are reasonably well done and inexpensive, although their decals are a bitch to get off of the backing paper), and their stuff is both in-house produced as well as licenced versions of other company's kits. I doubt they'd want to sour business relationships by being tarred with stealing designs from the 800-pound-gorilla of the Asian sci-fi plamo scene.