1/48 VF-1J Head issue

El Malufa

Hi! I am brand new to the forums and I have a question concerning Yamato's excellent 1/48 Valkyrie line. I have a 1/48 VF-1J and have found that lately, the right head laser is so loose that it flops regardless of the position I place it in. I would very much like to get this issue corrected and was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind giving me a hand!

-Thanks!

El Malufa

this might work(so i've read), if you pull on the head laser(straight out), there might be enough friction that the screw grabs hold of the plastic in the inside and just turn clockwise...righy-tighty, lefty-loosey.

if that doesn't work you can split the head open, tighten the screws and glue it back together....not recommended unless its a last resort.

Hi to all,

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread...but I just wanna ask...how did you guys paint the antennas on the 1/48 VF-1s heads??....I planning to paint my Rohby's recasts heads over this weekend but I'm not sure how to do it.... Im totaly new to customizing and painting toys...can I just use the regular black aerosol paint?(the spray can)...or Should I be definetely needing an airbrush to do it?

And one last thing...for Rohby's 1S heads, should I paint it over with white or can I just leave it as it is after I glued the head parts?....Just wondering if the glue marks will become extremely visible and makes my eyes hurt

And any helpful tips on assembling Rohby's 1S recast heads?

Thanks in advance~!

aaajin

Didn't the heads come with tips on how to get rid of the seam slightly?

Make sure to wash the resin thouroughly. Maybe with a degreaser. An praycan should be OK. Are you painting the whole valk or just the head, because painting it stock white will not match the rest of the valk...

well actually I was thinking of paiting just the head...so, if I paint it white...it wont match withthe rest of the body rite? hmm....so that means I just leave the rest of the head and just paint the antennas...and of course the red dot on the forehead & the arrows on the sides...

anyway...thanks EXO for the tips...but really...actually my main concern is whether I can just use a black aerosol paint to paint the antennas...any help?

Thanks again,

aaajin

PS : & actually the seam lines dont really bother me that much....what really bothers me is whether the glue will leave any ugly markings on the seam lies

Edited by aaajin

well actually I was thinking of paiting just the head...so, if I paint it white...it wont match withthe rest of the body rite? hmm....so that means I just leave the rest of the head and just paint the antennas...and of course the red dot on the forehead & the arrows on the sides...

anyway...thanks EXO for the tips...but really...actually my main concern is whether I can just use a black aerosol paint to paint the antennas...any help?

Thanks again,

aaajin

PS : & actually the seam lines dont really bother me that much....what really bothers me is whether the glue will leave any ugly markings on the seam lies

do a light sanding of the antenna's so it holds the paint better then hit the antenna's with a little primer before painting. rohby's cast doesn't seem to like paint for whatever reason. :huh:

i wouldn't use spray paint cause it'll spray everywhere. you can always spray the spray paint onto something, then brush it on yourself.

hope that answers your question.

hey thanks haterist!

hm...actually I'm plannin to tape the part that I dont wanna paint (the round bottom of the antennas) with a regular tape...then spray over the two antenna rods with the aerosol paint....& then take off the tape....

would it work? will the paint from an aerosol paint stays on Rohby's recast?

thanks again

Edited by aaajin

hey thanks haterist!

hm...actually I'm plannin to tape the part that I dont wanna paint (the round bottom of the antennas) with a regular tape...then spray over the two antenna rods with the aerosol paint....& then take off the tape....

would it work? will the paint from an aerosol paint stays on Rohby's recast?

thanks again

i'll tell you this much, i painted up a S head in the LV colors and it was a total bitch. i didn't know his recast hated paint otheriwse i would've primed it before hand, even before i glued it together.

unfortunately, i did none of the above mentioned and ended up having to apply like 4 coats of paint to make the color stick.

you can try and use the tape technique, but be sure to lightly sand the antennas all the way around so the paint sticks to the resin, that should help considerably.