Super Parts Question

sleddogg83

on 1/60s the older ones that were sold without the super packs can't take them. I think once they did the supers, all subsequent releases had the holes, as the moulds were changed and couldn't be put back. you can quite clearly see whcih have the holes without opening the box.

I hope Kevin doesn't mind me linking to these pics:

1A Max- note legs/engine nacelles have no holes in upper surface

1A CF. note the 2 holes in the white portion of the top of the same nacelles

1/48s: they all take the packs, I think.

The FP's on the 1/48 pretty much latches on the valk in the same way the 1/60 version does (slits on the sides of the backpack, holes on the side of the legs, etc.) BTW, a little modification on the 1/60's and you'll be able to put those super parts on. Check the How-to-customize section of this forum. :)

How does the 1/48 armor "latch" onto the figure? Just got the regular VF-1J and want to order a set of strike parts. Also, what is the general concessus on the mmagazine exclusive clear super covers/parts (are they decent quality, are they worth it)? Thank ya.

1/60 FP(fast packs) only fit on the following,

1S strike roy

1J super hikaru

1J super max and millia

1D

VE

VT

yamato screwed up big time with these cause they couldn't make up their minds. :rolleyes:

every 1/48 is FP capable.

the backpack armor has diecast inserts that slide into each side of the backpack....holds them mighty tight!

the arm armor clip on the arms over the gunpod slot.

the leg armors are in two pieces. first attach the tank to the back of the leg, then attach the leg armors on the sides.

the clear FP's are cool. you should get atleast a set just to say you got it. it provides views for the FP leg armor, the the backpack/booster details and shows the mini missiles. the regular blue covers are nice but the details are wasted since you can't see through them.

the clear FP is an official yamato product so its pretty good quality wise, they are just as durable as the regular FP's.

if you're planning to buy the FP kit, go to www.valkyrie-exchange.com , i think hes got them on sale.

the clear FP's are sold out just about everywhere but some might be available through Shawn(one of the dudes that own this site) if he has any left? :unsure: shoot him a PM but try to be patient. i think hes got a lot on his plate right now and i haven't seen him on the site in a while.

if you need pictures, try looking through the "strike a pose" thread in the toys section or use the search function.

hope that helps.

I shot kevin a PM, but he's been, understandibly, a little preoccupied as of late. I'l probably PM/email him this weekend if he doesnt get back in touch with me first. I actually might prefer the 1/60's to the 1/48 for some unknown reason (not even the cost). Thanks guys for the help and for not shooting me down for my noob questions.

sleddogg83 Posted on Sep 27 2004, 01:10 PM

Thanks guys for the help and for not shooting me down for my noob questions.

Hey, every single one of us were noobs at one point in time, no problem! And don't worry, KEVIN will be getting back to you for sure. He's great with helping out MW members, and a LOT of people here can attest to that ;):) !