Sega ripping of Square?

lord_breetai

Okay, Okay... I'm a huge Sakura Taisen fan and I wasn't ragging on the series... I just found it amusing.

The main selling point of Sakura Taisen is the girls, not the mech... :lol:

Let's not worry about what the mech but the character design... and ST 5 is not as good as others... :p

Okay, Okay... I'm a huge Sakura Taisen fan and I wasn't ragging on the series... I just found it amusing.

Let's not worry about what the mech but the character design... and ST 5 is not as good as others... :p

I'm not sure I agree Ogami... I wouldn't play a straight up dating game... for me it's the story as a whole and all it's elements Robots, girls mech... and plot.... but really if it was a game about a theater and macking and a ticket clipper macking on the girls in the theater I wouldn't play it... I'd watch an anime like that but not play a game.

And the character designs arn't bad... they arn't as Fujishima-esc but I don't mind them... especially Gemini, Sagiitta and Diana... and the mechs are just cool... I just found it amusing okay?

Edited by lord_breetai

I'm not sure I agree Ogami... I wouldn't play a straight up dating game... for me it's the story as a whole and all it's elements Robots, girls mech... and plot.... but really if it was a game about a theater and macking and a ticket clipper macking on the girls in the theater I wouldn't play it... I'd watch an anime like that but not play a game.

And the character designs arn't bad... they arn't as Fujishima-esc but I don't mind them... especially Gemini, Sagiitta and Diana... and the mechs are just cool... I just found it amusing okay?

haha... I do play straight up dating game. :lol:

After playing ST1-ST4 (include various versions), the mech parts, to me, are extra... The most important thing is the story.

for ST: :D

Story>Character Design>Mech

I'll agree with that... Ogami, like I said the story is the most important thing... and Kosuke Fujishima is THE character designer... But the story which is the most important element of the game is about saving the world from Demons... and to save the world from demons you need robots!

Story>Character Design> Mecha battles> Any dating game that dosn't have the same elements as ST

Edited by lord_breetai

I'll agree with that... Ogami, like I said the story is the most important thing... and Kosuke Fujishima is THE character designer... But the story which is the most important element of the game is about saving the world from Demons... and to save the world from demons you need robots!

Story>Character Design> Mecha battles> Any dating game that dosn't have the same elements as ST

In ST5:ep 0, there is no robot to fight demons... :D (excluding unlockable Sakura, Ogami or Erica with their mechs)

SEGA said they will remake ST 3! :D

Actually from what I've seen ST3 will be a straight port... but how will they handle the portable kinematron?

and yeah but... ST Episode Zero has the unlockables and the demons are incased in robotic shells... so I mean there's still plenty of robots in it.

Hopefully, they will port ST3 like ST1.

I really like the way that they made PS2 ST1.

However, I am more looking forward to the side stories of ST on PS2.

Actually from what I've seen ST3 will be a straight port... but how will they handle the portable kinematron?

and yeah but... ST Episode Zero has the unlockables and the demons are incased in robotic shells... so I mean there's still plenty of robots in it.

Hopefully, they will port ST3 like ST1.

I really like the way that they made PS2 ST1.

However, I am more looking forward to the side stories of ST on PS2.

I didn't really like Atsuki... it could have been a lot better. IMO they screwed up the ending particuallary the Judeo-Christian symbolsim in the final chapter... And the added Kouran Character episode wasn't that great.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Atsuki but not as much as ST1.

Why did they pass over ST2 for a PS2 remake? That sucks...

I still think ST3 looks and plays better than the PS2 port of ST1.

probably because they don't need to do much work on it... tidy things up a bit... maybe add some new extras and change the way the portable Kinematron works... and it's pretty much out the door.

ST 2 they would have to remake from the ground up. They would most likely need to convince Tomizawa Michie to come in again and record some new dialouge... and Atsuki didn't make as much money as they hoped, I think. It wasn't a failure by any means... but ST3 will just cost less money to port... it isn't dependent on 1 and 2... so yeah.