Question on Macross CDs

nhyone

Two questions.

1. I bought the lower two CDs without realizing that they have the exact same contents. I intend to sell one. Which should I sell? And above all, why does Victor come out with two identical CDs with different covers? <_<

2. I have these four Macross CDs, along with Macross The Complete (but SM bootleg). Are there other Macross CD/LPs I should get?

post-2-1094373427_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhyone

Only the lower two CDs have the same content? So what's different about the top one?

I own the lower right one. I know that there are some which also have both SDS and Macross II songs, in particular the one with Minmay in FB2012 dress on the cover.

There are lots of different versions of the Song Collection CDs, the most complete being the 2002 edition.

Only the lower two CDs have the same content?  So what's different about the top one

Erm, the same songs, but in different order? :lol: Seriously, there are only so many Macross songs to go around.

There are lots of different versions of the Song Collection CDs, the most complete being the 2002 edition.

I think I can do without the Macross 2 or 7 songs... Yes, it's terribly confusing. That's why I ended up with so many CDs with same songs! :(

If I were you I'd keep both just for the beautiful cover art and to be a completist.

I am sort-of a completionst, but I don't keep duplicates. ;) To me, the lower two CDs are identical, unless someone can tell me why. I know the cover's different, but freedb identifies them as the same.

My question should be, what other CDs should I get to get most of (or all of, if it's not too difficult or costly) of Macross's songs/BGMs? I think I got most of the songs covered, so I'm left the BGMs and opening/closing theme?

I'm only interested in Macross/DYRL/2012, not Macross 2 and 7.

I know about Macross The Complete, but I want to get the individual CDs if possible.

(Throw away your SM discs, they don't count :) .)

Oh no, they still do. :) They are the very first SM discs I bought, 9 years ago. It's only recently that I decided to get the originals. :)

post-2-1094374630_thumb.jpg

"Rhapsody in Love" (OST vol. V) is good if you are a "sort of" completist.

It's got music inspired by the first series, done by Kentaro Haneda and his orchestra of course. Note also that this was before the movie came out.

Also, you want Macross the Complete in its separate formats? Well, I don't know, the Complete is the only way to go unless you really care about the album covers (which you yourself imply you do not), because it's got stuff not available anywhere else, in particular the third disc. Also, the movie soundtrack included in that set is better than the original release because it contains the extended version of DYRL the song.

If you don't care about 2 or Plus or 7, there's still plenty of choice, as there are five main volumes of SDF Macross on CD, including Miss DJ and Harukanaru Omoi.

But as i say, if you really want a recommendation, you can't do much better than "The Complete" or "Rhapsody".

I actually bought Miss DJ at a local used store. It was nine bucks, perfect condition(minus obi), first CD edition. Not much music, but nice to relax to. I noticed that it was listed in the main sites music section, except for the bootleg, which has different cover art.