Macross DVD collections

izzyfcuk

Hi recently i m starting to collect macross DVD series, i mean what i want to do is to possibly get the best quality ones out there, like subtitles and stuffs

1. Macross TV series Remastered ones

i got the australian ones recently(EZY DVD), haven't watched it yet though, i didn't get the Animego ones cos that's kinda expensive

2. Macross Plus OVA and movie edition

i m planning to get these from EZY DVD too, but kinda put off by the artwork. the australian ones has got it with Jap/English dialogues, anyone has these? how's the quality?

im looking for advice on which one is the best out there(there's just too many of them? preferably for example.........

Macross TV series(Original)

- which is the original release?

- are other versions as close as the original ones( i dont wanna get crappy subs)

Any help would be appreciated, if possible with pics :lol:

Hi recently i m starting to collect macross DVD series, i mean what i want to do is to possibly get the best quality ones out there, like subtitles and stuffs

1. Macross TV series Remastered ones

i got the australian ones recently(EZY DVD), haven't watched it yet though, i didn't get the Animego ones cos that's kinda expensive

2. Macross Plus OVA and movie edition

i m planning to get these from EZY DVD too, but kinda put off by the artwork. the australian ones has got it with Jap/English dialogues, anyone has these? how's the quality?

im looking for advice on which one is the best out there(there's just too many of them? preferably for example.........

Macross TV series(Original)

- which is the original release?

- are other versions as close as the original ones( i dont wanna get crappy subs)

Any help would be appreciated, if possible with picsĀ  :lol:

Kind of expensive, you say? Yeah.. maybe.

Think about this, though. Some people paid $360 at retail when this set first came out. The "special" preorder price was $250. I finally got my set for $180 about a year ago, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Now, the 3-disc boxed sets can be had for as low as $45 each, if you do a little digging. Do yourself a favor and check out sites like deepdiscountdvd.com, overstock.com, bestprices.com, half.com and others.. I think you'll find that the effort is worth it. Generally, though.. the 3-disc boxed sets price hovers around $50-$60 these days. Not a bad price at all for a beautifully-restored classic like SDF Macross.

The AnimEigo set features a completely restored video transfer, stereo sound (the original was mono), outstanding subtitles, liner notes and hidden extras. To put it simply, it's the best rendition of SDF Macross available. The price has dropped considerably since it was first released a few years ago. A near-$200 drop sounds good to me.

Still too expensive? Okay. I realize that we all have different budgets. What one person considers a lot of money may be relative pocket change to another. Before you make your final decision though, remember this.. you get what you pay for.

There are a few bootlegged sets out there to choose from, but don't expect them to provide you with everything that you're expecting for the money you're willing to put down. The video won't be as good as the AnimEigo set, the sound may have some issues, you won't get the liner notes, and the extras may or may not be there. And if you want to avoid "crappy subs," don't hold your breath.. especially with HK bootlegs.

In the end, the choice is yours. Just be sure that your expectations are in line with what you're willing to pay. B))

Edited by Drad

i would be willing to pay though, i noticed that the animego set has dropped considerably, just that im getting settled down soon, thus i can't be as fanatical as i used to be.

now what's this story i heard about the EZYDVD version being similar to Animego's?

Are you nuts? How the hell do you expect to get 5.1 out of a 22 year old mono soundtrack? You might as well also expect it to jump out at you in 3D. What you "DO" get is a very clean & also remastered mono soundtrack. If they were to process it into 5.1, it would sound like poo & tiney.

Are you nuts? How the hell do you expect to get 5.1 out of a 22 year old mono soundtrack? You might as well also expect it to jump out at you in 3D. What you "DO" get is a very clean & also remastered mono soundtrack. If they were to process it into 5.1, it would sound like poo & tiney.

ya, i know if it's does.. it will be perfect. but it's my wishful thinking :(

but it's just impossible

don't flame me lar....

Edited by izzyfcuk