1/48 Valkyrie Plastric Model

ef500mm

Toys transform, models don't. If somebody wants a 1/48 Valk that changes modes, they should buy a Yamato.

However, a 1/48 Hasegawa would be undeniably cool. I can just imagine the detail on it already!

When I was like 13, I had a mospeada (robotech cycone) model that transformed, i loved putting it together, i think models should be as close to the "real thing" as posible, plus those type of features in my opinion are more acurate, but opinions are like......well ya know :huh:

I just hope its not flimsy. I have bad experience with transformable models. <_<

I'd put money down that it won't transform. Ohh, but the transforming customs and kitbashes that will spring forth from it will be undeniably amazing...

I'd put money down that it won't transform. Ohh, but the transforming customs and kitbashes that will spring forth from it will be undeniably amazing...

Agreed. Has Hasegawa ever make a transforming anything before? Their culture is of a model airplane modelling company. Doing the VF-1 battroid kits were really a pretty big departure for them, IIRC. I think transformation is an undeniably cool gimmick for a toy, but this is an scale model kit. Concentrate on making it acurate - I don't want NO anime magic, thank you very much.

I'd expect them to turn out the baddest little bugger of a valkyrie model ever seen by man if they did it right. It could even rival the mighty club m and sell at 1/10 the price - doing a big run of these using injection molding has to be cheaper than that resin monstrosity.

I wonder if this is for real, though. Has anyone heard anything else about Hasegawa's Macross licensing, anyway? I thought that at least their Macross TV/DYRL license had expired, which they weren't renewing, and were going to do the Macross Zero stuff now (confirmed), and maybe stuff from M7 or something.

Toys transform, models don't. If somebody wants a 1/48 Valk that changes modes, they should buy a Yamato.

However, a 1/48 Hasegawa would be undeniably cool. I can just imagine the detail on it already!

Zeta gundam kits can, The gundam air master can to, i know there transfomrations difrent but if they can why cant macross kits?

I'd put money down that it won't transform.  Ohh, but the transforming customs and kitbashes that will spring forth from it will be undeniably amazing...

Agreed. Has Hasegawa ever make a transforming anything before? Their culture is of a model airplane modelling company. Doing the VF-1 battroid kits were really a pretty big departure for them, IIRC. I think transformation is an undeniably cool gimmick for a toy, but this is an scale model kit. Concentrate on making it acurate - I don't want NO anime magic, thank you very much.

I'd expect them to turn out the baddest little bugger of a valkyrie model ever seen by man if they did it right. It could even rival the mighty club m and sell at 1/10 the price - doing a big run of these using injection molding has to be cheaper than that resin monstrosity.

I wonder if this is for real, though. Has anyone heard anything else about Hasegawa's Macross licensing, anyway? I thought that at least their Macross TV/DYRL license had expired, which they weren't renewing, and were going to do the Macross Zero stuff now (confirmed), and maybe stuff from M7 or something.

Why yes, yes they did.

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/Operat...arExplorer.html

Zeta gundam kits can, The gundam air master can to, i know there transfomrations difrent but if they can why cant macross kits?

Because the Zeta kits are notoriously flimsy and floppy. Ask an owner of a Zeta kit, particularly one of the older ones, how satisfied they are. A model made from syrene plastic will not be anywhere as near as durable as a toy, and if you can't transform it more than a few times, what's the point? Also, what they don't show you in the model magazines is the touch-ups that these models require after some posing and transforming. I decided long ago that I had spent enough time painting kits to have the paint scraped off by transforming the model.