I need advice on re-painting

Rand

bandai...

that the smooth shiney red one? Wash it in soapy water and rinse well. Let it air dry a day or two and then give it a coat of spray primer. If the primer flakes off, which I highly doubt, you can rough up the surfaces slightly with fine sandpaper and then prime it, but I don't think sanding it will be neccessary. I recommend "citadel colour" spray primer myself as I have yet to have a problem with it, although others have differing opinions due to their own experience. If you do get a can of citadel colour primer, availible in white or black at your local gaming store, read the directions on the can. Pay close attention to #3... "shake the can vigorously for a FULL minute before doing any spraying and shake periodically between sprays" and you will come to love the product as much as I do :)

Edited by kanata67

Cheap, good primer: Krylon automotive grey primer. Stuff rocks. Too dark for a lot of colors though, but red is so transparent it'll take 3 coats anyway. It dries ROUGH and will make anything grab it. (you can make it smooth with a medium-thick coat, but it'll be ROUGH if you just mist it on thin)

Krylon ruddy brown auto primer is actually my first and final coat for US ship hulls. Nothing like finding a primer that's just the right color for something... :)