ARII 1/170 Macross Factory

hellohikaru

I built a few of these and they are smaller than you think.

The factory it's self is about 8 to 10 inches tall.

If you can find the Revell R******H Factory, NOW THAT IS HUGE!!!!

Sorry but I can't say the R word here.

I built it back in 1987 and I wish I didn't let my mother clean my room that day.

Bad memories.

Scot

The little 1/170 factory pictured here is only 4.75" tall by 2.75" wide. Builds into a tiny, but decent little factory diorama. The 4 factory kits could be combined to make a longer section of factory like the one shown.

The old Revell Robotech kit is a repacked Imai 1/100 Macross Factory. It was 8.5" tall by 12" wide and came with 2 sections, vehicles and 1/100 figures, a 1/100 Armored VF Battroid and a 1/100 Tomahawk. There was also a third section made that contained only the factory, vehicles, and figures.

I been trying to get some of those myself. I was thinking on a diorama for the 1/200 or 1/44's that are so much better looking. With a little bit of fixing this factory might look awesome.

On some hobby shops they sell styrene already pre cut on the shape of beams and racks that will make the replication a breeze.

The Revell kit if I remember was about 12 inches tall. I could be wrong but it was very large.

If you find one on Ebay it is very expensive and you'll have to fight at the last minute to out bid the others.

I'm slowly collecting the models I had when I was a kid and someday the factory WILL BE MINE!!! :ph34r:

Scot

Actually, you are right about the length of each section being 12", just not the height. If you get the Revell or Imai big factory models (Huge boxes) you wind up with a 8.5" tall, 24" (2 12" sections) length of factory, 1/100 people, vehicles, 1/100 Armored Valkyrie Battroid, and a 1/100 Tomahawk. It is big! The last Revell Factory I saw went for about $165 or so on Ebay. The original Imai was around $200. Every now and then you may see the 3rd section with only 1 factory section (12", half the people, and half the vehicles for around) $100. There's pics of the original kits in the model section of this site on the main page.