Macross Crossover the Live

HannouHeiki

October 18th, 2009 at 10:05 pm

By the way, the composer of ‘Ai Oboeteimasu ka’, Kazuhiko Kato was found hung in his hotel room this weekend after committing suicide. Today Mari Ijima said that she was told by the manager(?) of his death after yesterday’s concert. Actually she had known before but had performed anyway.

It seemed that she had last spoken to him only three days before his death. She spoke a little about how they hadn’t always seen eye to eye (perhaps due to Mari’s aversion to Macross and Minmei in the past). But she felt as if she hadn’t really shown him how grateful she was to him. There was stuff I didn’t understand here but it seemed like she was saying that when she spent all those years running away from Minmei she hadn’t shown her appreciation for ‘Ai oboeteimasu ka’ etc. She got a little tearful. I think she said that someone told her that they were sure he had already known that she was grateful even if she never made it clear. It seems like they were quite close?

I may have misunderstood but I think they said something like ‘Hikaru died too but I’m still here, Minmei won’t die!’.

She played Ai Oboeteimasu ka acoustic on the piano and everyone sang together. She said that when she had performed this song yesterday it felt as if he was here with everyone so we should all sing together to say ‘hello’. It was really moving. Mari stopped singing and the audience sang to her piano at the end. When she finished she teared up and then waved good bye as she bowed and left the stage. It was…incredible. I wasn’t too impressed with her voice on the other Minmei songs…they are 25 years old after all. But Ai Oboeteimasu ka? and Tenshi no e no gu were…amazing. Incredible.

Later when she came back on with everyone for the encore she said that it had truly felt like he was here and that the tears had just flowed."

Also got emotional at Light the Light!!! The seiyuu for Basara and Minmei joined Firebomber on stage to sing (I didn’t realise they could sing so well too!) and the audience joined in. Magic moments all round.

Ever since I saw this comment on Gabriela Ronin's site, I wanted to see this concert. I was saddened to hear that it wasn't likely to see DVD release.

By luck, however, I found these two links of the entire concert recorded in audio. It is a bootleg by an audience member, but I'm sure it is something many fans wished they could get a piece of. Hopefully those of you uwho can understand Japanese can enlighten the rest of us on any goodies you come across.

Links:

http: / / www.megaupload.com/?d=TRSUEKRO

http: / / www.megaupload.com/?d=10KADRSL

Edited by OptimusX

Poor Chie. She has such a cute scowl.

Lol. nice.

I've just been checking out bit and pieces of hit. Hearing Exsedol trying to get the crowd chant Yakk Dekulcha was kinda wierd.

And what is up with Mari during those techno Watashiwa no kare wa Pairotto, etc remixes? I'm not too sure about those.....

It's like Macross mated with Echo or something.

Lol. nice.

I've just been checking out bit and pieces of hit. Hearing Exsedol trying to get the crowd chant Yakk Dekulcha was kinda wierd.

And what is up with Mari during those techno Watashiwa no kare wa Pairotto, etc remixes? I'm not too sure about those.....

It's like Macross mated with Echo or something.

Yeah those have been her standard live versions for the past few years since she cant really hit the high notes of the original versions like she used to be able to. Having said that, she WAS off her game. Those version sounded better at the Tokyo concert last month.

And comeon man, Exsedol was classic! The deculture chant is up there with the SMS song as being standard for Macross events nowadays. We all chanted along with Kawamori at the Girasama festival last month ;-)

And comeon man, Exsedol was classic! The deculture chant is up there with the SMS song as being standard for Macross events nowadays. We all chanted along with Kawamori at the Girasama festival last month ;-)

That came out wrong. I was actually trying to picture the guy himself on stage or a big Exsedol head on the screen egging the crowd on...I'm sure it was the actor on stage, but I meant "wierd in a cool way" to see that guy in character and pacing around the stage chanting "Dekulcha!"

That came out wrong. I was actually trying to picture the guy himself on stage or a big Exsedol head on the screen egging the crowd on...I'm sure it was the actor on stage, but I meant "wierd in a cool way" to see that guy in character and pacing around the stage chanting "Dekulcha!"

Actually you were close to being right.There was no actor on the stage, just footage of Exsedol from Macross 7 (yes, big head) dubbed over by the voice actor (probably pre recorded).