Custom VF-19A Or YF-19 ?

Live_Wire212

Im thinking of doing a custom of a yamato ?-19 by chrome plating the diecast parts ... i work at a chrome plating plant and i work on alot of restoring and replating of old diecast car parts so i can plate the parts no problem the thing i dont want to do is paint any of the plastic so i was hopeing that you people could help me decide which orriginal paint schem would look better with all the diecast parts being chrome The YF-19 or The VF-19A....

The VF-19A and the YF-19 have the same diecast parts, so won't the scheme look the same if you're just painting the diecast parts?

BTW, can you chrome plastic parts? Auto customizing places often offer chroming services for car hood ornaments and other parts of the car that may not be metal by first metalizing the part and then chroming it on top of the now metalized part...

I own the Starwars Episode 1 Royal Starship (THE BIG ONE) and I've always wanted to chrome it. How much would something like that cost to do, if you can do it?

Problem i think with plating is the extra 'size' you are packing onto a small part.

If you keep plating things on something especially that transforms, it may prove to be more a hindrance? impare the transform?scrape lots of paint/plastic.?

just thought i would say, not trying to rain on any parade :) sounds cool, might have to do some extra sanding or filing though..

acctualy i have decided to go with the VF-19a cuz i dont want to do anything with the plastic i think the blue greay colours will look awsome with the chrom sections of the die-cast i'll have to take measurements of every thing and cut the lines deeper and shave off some of the original die-cast as well as tape off any joints and threadded hols to ensure it all goes back together right. however i have only got one and its un opened so i would like to find one that someone has opened and maby even played with so i dont reduce the value of the one in my collection.

Ill definatly post pics of it once it is complete here tho.

P.S. if anyone has a Yamato VF-19a thats opened that wants to part with it for about $100 us e-mail me at Live_Wire212@rogers.com i dont need the box or anything else just the plane and gunpod.

oh and any questions about Chrome plating please feel free to ask ... im afraid i dont know anything about plating plastic tho "yet" but ill take a read up on it.