What color are Misa's eyes?

Jolly Rogers

OK I'm working on Ted Turner-ing the SD Misa from the SDF-1 Gerwalk 4-koma comic. After reviewing some of the existing Misa artwork, both from screenshots of the TV series and illustrations by Mikimoto, I was unable to come to a conclusion as to what color should Misa's eyes be. It seems like it could be grey, brown, blue or green depending on the animator/artist's whim. Similarly, the colored trimming on her uniform seems to range from green to teal to blue.

Anyone know what the "official" colors for Misa's eyes and her uniform trimming should be? This is what I came up with... for now (unfinished).

post-5-1090276794.jpg

Edited by Jolly Rogers

The first one looks like a DYRL coloring for the hair. The second one looks like the TV version.

I don't know what her eye color is. She has tired eyes most of the time so I can't really tell. But based off the images on the Macrossworld site, I'd say her eyes are green.

This screen shot from the TV series makes it look grey:

mcr285l.jpg

Another screen shot, but hard to tell what the eye colors are - could be blue, green, or grey:

post-2-29800-misa1.JPG

This Mikimoto illustration makes her eyes brown:

mcr292l.jpg

Another Mikimoto illustration, it looks like grey or blue:

miki19.jpg

Mikimoto - brown:

miki14.jpg

Not brown:

mcr232l.jpg

Mikimoto - blue:

mcr248l.jpg

This last one looks green, or maybe grey:

post-5-1090280352_thumb.jpg

Looks like its a combination of both hair colors you have chosen and bluish grey eyes maybe. This is an arii figure.

post-5-1090284573_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

Her hair does indeed include both colors that I used, depending on the shading. Just too lazy to add shading for my quick-n-dirty PhotoShop coloring. :D I liked the darker hair although the lighter one appears to be more anime-accurate.

It appears there are more artworks that show her eyes as grey or blue-ish grey than anything else. I'll probably go with that... but if Mikimoto can't make up his mind about her eye color, I don't think I'll ever find the answer. :blink:

BTW what was shown in your photo? An ARII figure?

Edited by Jolly Rogers

I really dont know if there is an official color for her.I think the artists take creative freedom.I love the yellow/mustard you chose for her turtle neck.I like blue eyes on a brunette, thats why I see blue in all those pictures people submitted.Some of the pics look like a pale olive color which looks like blue gray depending on her garb.My eyes were blue, when I was very young and look blue if I wear white or black (green now),or especially blue if I wear blue.If I wear any other color they look green.

post-5-1090294340.jpg

Edited by geecie30

• 4 weeks later...