Yamato Display Stand

rnurmin

I think that sales of the 1/60 VF-1A cannon fodder were not too good, which may be why Yamato is reluctant to release a 1/48 version.

Plus the market is still quite saturated with 1/48 VF-1 toys (and VF-1 toys in general), with many fans sick of the VF-1, so it's probably good marketing sense for Yamato to wait at least 6 months to a year before releasing any more 1/48 toys, to give demand a chance to build again.

Just my 2 cents.

Graham

Here's the VT-1 on the stand. Note the 4 grapple arms are really just for show, they don't do much. The Valks actually attach to the vertical bar. The clips plug into the top of the bar.

Sorry for the blurry photos, the pics were taken in a hurry.

Graham

Any of these clips on impression appear that thay may contribute to stress cracks? Just curious.

• 3 weeks later...
Any of these clips on impression appear that thay may contribute to stress cracks? Just curious.

Stress cracks?

Not that I can see. Yamato did them right, by all the ones I've tested (I haven't tried the YF-19, but I have done all the others).

They're actually pretty ingenious, especially the 1/48 clip - which will easily be the heaviest item on the stand. The point of attachment is hidden, centered, and very secure.