1/48 Decals

Bob_Coffee

Hi everyone,

At AX i was lucky enough to manage snagging myself a 1/48 Scale VF-1J Hikaru,thus contiuning feeding my addiction of valkholism. However i have a question, I have not applied the decals supplied with my 1/48 as of yet, because im wondering if I should look into mabie aquireing 3rd party decals for my 1J? also im wondering if DYRL style pilot recasts exist,as i like the dyrl flight suit more than the tv suit.

As for the 1/48th... Wow is all i have to say, aside from a few minor issues,more nitpicks really,this is the holy grail of macross goodness. Also to all you people whove attended ax, is it me or were there a lack of 1/48th's in the dealers room? i only remember seeing like a total of 5.

any advice is apreciated.:)

Heck, yeah!! You definitely wanna get some after-market stickers (see HURIN's Takatoys 1/48 stickers review!). Don't even think of defacing that MACROSS holy grail of yours! I just bought a 1/48 HIKARU 1S a few hours ago and I'm not taking it out of the box until I get my Takatoys stickers, which reminds me--I gotta order a new set from TMP ANIME right now!! Invest a little on these after-market stickers, and I promise ya won't be sorry! :)

Hey, BOB COFFEE, ya might wanna check out ANAZASI37's water-slide decals, too, coz they're just as excellent!! ;)

(see HURIN's Takatoys 1/48 stickers review!)

Thanks for the plug! :)

Here's a quick and easy link to the review. Scroll down for more recent photos of the VF-1J Max with Takatoys stickers.