Macross II variable mecha progression.....

Ok...

after reading some stuff recently about Macross II....let me see if I have this straight. The mecha progression is as follows for the Variable Fighters:

VF-1 Valkyrie (Super/Strike, GBP-1) as seen in Do You Remember, Love?: Produced from 2008 til sometime in the early 2020's when we get....

VF-1R Valkyrie Series: Refit models of the original Valkyrie series A, J and S including an improved FAST-pack System (minus a Strike Model). Produced from the 2020's until the 2050's or thereabouts where we get....

VF-XX Zentran Valkyrie: Either the schematics or the technical knowhow for this experimental model of the Valkyrie are found with the capture of a Factory Satellite just after the defeat of the Neld (?) Space Fleet attacked the colony ship Million Stars on its maiden voyage. Never mass produced, it is but an test bed. We then come to....

VF-2SS Valkyrie II: New model which becomes the standard variable fighter of the UN Spacy in the 2060s until after the Marduk Invasion. The Super Armor Pack/SAP is an optional weapons platform addition for space combat. It is only partly replaced by the atmospheric optimized....

VF-2JA Icarus: A new model of variable fighter that has been built to perform solely in an atmospheric theatre (though doubtless it could perform in space).

VF-X-4 Metal Siren: Test bed model for the next generation of variable fighters. Let loose for combat during the Marduk Incident.

Ok.....did I miss anything or get anything out of order?

Where did you get your information for the VF-XX?

Thats sort of a mismash of stuff I read over a period of time. An old copy of either Protoculture Addicts or Mecha Press had done a series of articles on the Macross II mecha. IIRC, the VF-XX was either a set of schematics from a captured Zentran Factory or it was built using new technology gleaned from this factory. I think I remember this being connected with the Neld Space Fleet Crisis.

Ok...

after reading some stuff recently about Macross II....let me see if I have this straight. The mecha progression is as follows for the Variable Fighters:

VF-1 Valkyrie (Super/Strike, GBP-1) as seen in Do You Remember, Love?: Produced from 2008 til sometime in the early 2020's when we get....

VF-1R Valkyrie Series: Refit models of the original Valkyrie series A, J and S including an improved FAST-pack System (minus a Strike Model). Produced from the 2020's until the 2050's or thereabouts where we get....

VF-XX Zentran Valkyrie: Either the schematics or the technical knowhow for this experimental model of the Valkyrie are found with the capture of a Factory Satellite just after the defeat of the Neld (?) Space Fleet attacked the colony ship Million Stars on its maiden voyage. Never mass produced, it is but an test bed. We then come to....

VF-2SS Valkyrie II: New model which becomes the standard variable fighter of the UN Spacy in the 2060s until after the Marduk Invasion. The Super Armor Pack/SAP is an optional weapons platform addition for space combat. It is only partly replaced by the atmospheric optimized....

VF-2JA Icarus: A new model of variable fighter that has been built to perform solely in an atmospheric theatre (though doubtless it could perform in space).

VF-X-4 Metal Siren: Test bed model for the next generation of variable fighters. Let loose for combat during the Marduk Incident.

The Metal Siren does not have a model number. It is simply called Metal Siren. Also, ""VC-079" is not the model number either. It is simply designed SNN Valkyrie.

You forgot something else.

Note that I don't think it completely official to link Macross 2036 with Macross II. However, if you are going to blend those continuities, it should go more like this:

- VF-X

- VF-X-1

- VF-1 Valkyrie

- VF-1 Custom (VF-1AR, VF-1JR, VF-1SR featuring the SP-II Super Pack)

- VF-XX Zentradian Valkyrie (stated to be older than the VF-2SS Valkyrie II)

- VF-XS Valkyrie II (prototype)

See: http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat/vari/vfxs.html -when site is restored

- VF-2SS Valkyrie II (SAP-Super Armed Pack option available)

- VF-2JA Icarus (stated to be newer than the VF-2SS)

- Metal Siren (New Valkyrie that will replace the VF-2SS

- Metal Siren Replica

Ok...

The Metal Siren does not have a model number. It is simply called Metal Siren. Also, ""VC-079" is not the model number either. It is simply designed SNN Valkyrie.

You forgot something else.

Note that I don't think it completely official to link Macross 2036 with Macross II. However, if you are going to blend those continuities, it should go more like this:

- VF-X

- VF-X-1

- VF-1 Valkyrie

- VF-1 Custom (VF-1AR, VF-1JR, VF-1SR featuring the SP-II Super Pack)

- VF-XX Zentradian Valkyrie (stated to be older than the VF-2SS Valkyrie II)

- VF-XS Valkyrie II (prototype)

See: http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat/vari/vfxs.html -when site is restored

- VF-2SS Valkyrie II (SAP-Super Armed Pack option available)

- VF-2JA Icarus (stated to be newer than the VF-2SS)

- Metal Siren (New Valkyrie that will replace the VF-2SS

- Metal Siren Replica

Also, when the Nanashi's website is restored, see http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat/vari/vfxx.html for information on the Zentradian Valkyrie

Thats sort of a mismash of stuff I read over a period of time. An old copy of either Protoculture Addicts or Mecha Press had done a series of articles on the Macross II mecha. IIRC, the VF-XX was either a set of schematics from a captured Zentran Factory or it was built using new technology gleaned from this factory. I think I remember this being connected with the Neld Space Fleet Crisis.

It was mecha press. I've long lost the magazine but they had a huge thing on it, which immediately came to mind when I read your post.

really nanashi? :blink: I own the bclub magazine and it refers the the snn valk as the vc-079 valk. Sorry not trying to step on any ones toes just curious :p

bclub_cover79.jpg

From Rich

by the way great magazine a must have for any macross fan

It was mecha press. I've long lost the magazine but they had a huge thing on it, which immediately came to mind when I read your post.

I have the mecha press and i think it is a translation of materials in Bclub 79, and als the Entertainment bible 51. Macross 2036 has the VF-1R series most prominalty. Macross ELS which takes place in the year 2037 has all the characters plus a few more from 2036. It also has a bunch of new mecha. Valkyrie wise it has the VF-4 Siren, The Super Siren and Strike Siren. About as official as any other game mecha I suppose, but very cool none the less.