I Found an Airbrush!

Ido

Hi, in future I would like to build macross or other models, but I can't right now.

Watching in mine stuffs I found an old airbrush and a propel can that I bought some years ago but never used, I tried it with water and its works.

Its a simple cheap external mix airbrush, no biggie, but for to make practice I thinks it is good.

May you tell me what kind of paint I have to use and how use it porperly.

Thanks, I swear that one day I can be good to build model kits, see the WM Cheng's works is very tempting. :D

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of macross world custom builders use Timiya Acrylic paints that can be picked up at most hobby towns or ordered online. I would thin the paint using Timiya paint thinner at a 1:1 ratio. If your going to paint plastic though i would suggest priming the surface of the model before you do. I think Kurt uses Mr. Surfacer 1000 by Sanyo Ganzo. Make sure to clear coat your model using Future Floor polish. Acrylic paints dont hold up as well as enamels do. I would recommend a flat or satin coat of future to seal in your paint and decals. Hope this helps. :)