Titania

Neova

I finally picked up the full Legend of the Galactic Heroes DVD sets and was trying to figure which order to watch them. LoGH.net says Golding Wing movie first, Side Stories OVA, then both movies, then the 110 episode OVA.

But anyways, while searching, I popped into their forum and found this tidbit:

http://www.logh.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16

Some tidbits from the Sakura Con LoGH Panel, and from Sakura Con in general:

Mr. Kikukawa (executive producter of the series) was in attendence.

There will not be an official LoGH panel at AX. Maybe a fan panel, but that is yet to be determined.

Titania, the next big series baased on the writings of Yoshiki Tanaka, has started production. Goal is to have it come out sometime late in 2005/early 2006. A lot of Macross folks are working on this series, including Haruhiko Mikimoto, Noboru Ishiguro, and Shoji Kawamori.

And finally, an update to the rights situation:

There were a lot of hypothetical statements and qualifers, but at the very least, there is at least one U.S. company interested in acquiring the series.

That is all for now.

And from Anime News Network:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=75

In other, non-LoGH news, Mr. Ishiguro is currently working on two projects, an unnamed series set to begin airing in the spring of 2004 and a title called “Titania”.

“Titania” is a space drama about a soldier who flees his empire and seeks refuge with a rebellion force. Based on the novel by the same name by Yoshiki Tanaka, and with mecha designs by Kazutaka Miyatake, this aims to be a high-quality production.

Director Ishigoro offered a glimpse at some of the production sketches, including a massive starport that looks down on the planet below. Another is a smooth-looking ship called the “Shoujiki Jii-san” (Honest Old Man). The bridge itself takes the form of a balding man’s head, hence the ship’s name. Another picture showed an elongated starship, the core of the Titanian army.

Finally, Ishigoro announced that Titania’s character designs will be produced by Haruhiko Mikimoto.

Can you imagine the excitement from the Macross team and author Tanaka who wrote that epic space war drama Legends of the Galactic Heroes? Sounds like a winning combo to: Great story writer, great engineer/designer/mech/aircraft love and great character developer all on ONE team. I hope its not gonna be crap as stated in Graham's sig... I'm so looking forward to more info on this.

Just thought I would share.

Wow....sounds good to me.

I've only seen snippets of the LoGH series and would like to get my hands on the series, but nonetheless.....sounds like a great collaboration. :rolleyes:

Oh .... and hopefully non-CG..... ;)

I was at the Noburo Ishiguro panel at Anime Expo on Friday. It seems like they've been working on Titania for the past year and got nowhere due to it be different and risky. But he hoped to have more to present at next years Anime Expo. Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Kawamori is working on this project. They showed some Mikimoto illustrations that would appear on the covers of the novels which will be rereleased to possibly generate interest in the upcoming series. Anyways, it looks great and I'm looking forward to it.

coolness this thing should kick ass although the idea of a spaceship's bridge like a bald mans head is kinda out there... :huh:

But yeah this sounds really cool. Legend of the Galatic heros is sp far really cool *seen like first 40 eps* and macross was kick ass. I can't wait for this. :)

Wow, what a coincidence, I started watching LOGH a few weeks ago, and right now it stands in my mind actually ahead of Macross as the best series I have ever watched (and I watched DYRL back in 1987 or thereabouts). I think the storyline is actually better than Macross (with all the intrigue and death), Character development as well (like with Lohengrahm's changes). And its not like a typical anime series that has j-pop, no it uses classical music that fits the moods. Death is realistically portrayed, and in a way more realistically than Macross or any other series I have ever seen.

Furthermore, the battles just seem realistic. The use of formations and tactics is just beautiful

the only thing that I think macross has going for it is of course vehicle design, and visuals. But to be honest, when i go to movies I don't like special effects as much as stories, and LOGH is just beautiful in these respects. It reminds me a lot of my favorite novel, War and Peace by Tolstoy, and it is a cinematic masterpiece.