Skullleader for PC

Jolly Rogers

I had this game and played it years ago and decided to replay it recently, but after installing the floppy disks, the installed game won't run in Windows 98 without a customized DOS shell with special autoexec batch files. Does anyone have a working shell script that'd run under Win 98?

Actually the game I have is a licensed PC port - I played it years ago on a DOS machine before Windows 95 was out.

Ah. I thought there was some sort of PC98 extender to make a DOS PC behave more like a PC98(since the hardware is similar, if what I've read is accurate).

My mistake.

I've just gotta ask this question, because honestly, I don't really understand how to succeed in this game...

So really, how can I possibly destroy the battlecruisers without totally wasting my Valkyrie squadrons? Do I have to do hit-and-run? Do I have to wait for them to come into range, then blast 'em with my Monsters? This is a cool game, but for some reason, the logic for succeeding doesn't come to my mind...

• 2 weeks later...

Been nearly a decade since I played it, if I remember right you should send your Valks back to the SDF-1 before they blow up to get repaired and send them back out again fresh. So it's a matter of breaking up your Valks into waves so not all of them are in need of repairs at the same time.

I remember using Stampede Valkyries for the vast majority of Cruiser-busting, those things just completely rocked... It's been a little while since I've played it (still have it installed though), but I seem to recall standard VF-1s doing very little good against an untouched cruiser. (as in, you could win, but count on most of the squadron you send against them being wiped out)

I'd try to maneuver the SDF-01 to get as many targets as possible within the LOF for the main gun and then send in the SDPs for mop-up.

You could move the SDF-1??? And use the main gun??? I guess I never figured those parts out :( I just surrounded the SDF-1 with destroids for defense, and used Stampedes and Strike valks to kill off the cruisers. I just gave up on the game a few years back cuz I got wasted in one lvl; probably due to my lack of knowledge on using the SDF-1 :lol:

Hmm, wait a sec I'm thinking of the wrong game too. I'm thinking of "Macross: Remember Me" , unless I confused you, and you actually can control and attack with the SDF-1 in "Skull Leader" :lol: Anyhoo I still liked Remember Me best out of the 3 PC-98 Macross games :D

Edited by Mellow Yellow