VF-4 Lighting

Jin_Kune_Do

What scale would you prefer the VF-4 in?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What scale would you prefer the VF-4 in?

• 1/72
    • 1/60
    • 1/48

It's part of the Hikaru story, so it belongs in the same scale as the VF-1's.

In other words, 1/48? :)

Wise guy. ;)

If I had to decide between 1/48 and 1/72 it would be a tough call. I don't think I'd want to pay for a 1/48, but I think that may be a more appropriate scale than 1/72 for the reason given above and because a VF-4 toy may have limited appeal outside hard core collectors. If that's Yamato's target market, Yamato might as well give them a 1/48 since they'll gladly pay for it.

If it came in both 1/72 and 1/48, I personally would be more tempted to get the 1/48 than I would if it came in both 1/60 and 1/48.

But I think Yamato's decision is likely to come down to 1/72 or 1/60 at first. They haven't done anything in 1/48 that wasn't already done in a smaller scale. (Other than a couple special paint schemes.) So if they ever do a VF-4, I hope they make the right choice and do a 1/60 for compatibility with the other SDF:M/DYRL toys; then, if market research justifies it, let them to a 1/48.

It's part of the Hikaru story, so it belongs in the same scale as the VF-1's.

In other words, 1/48? :)

Wise guy. ;)

If I had to decide between 1/48 and 1/72 it would be a tough call. I don't think I'd want to pay for a 1/48, but I think that may be a more appropriate scale than 1/72 for the reason given above and because a VF-4 toy may have limited appeal outside hard core collectors. If that's Yamato's target market, Yamato might as well give them a 1/48 since they'll gladly pay for it.

If it came in both 1/72 and 1/48, I personally would be more tempted to get the 1/48 than I would if it came in both 1/60 and 1/48.

But I think Yamato's decision is likely to come down to 1/72 or 1/60 at first. They haven't done anything in 1/48 that wasn't already done in a smaller scale. (Other than a couple special paint schemes.) So if they ever do a VF-4, I hope they make the right choice and do a 1/60 for compatibility with the other SDF:M/DYRL toys; then, if market research justifies it, let them to a 1/48.

Well, if they ever plan to do a VF-4, then 1/60 would most likely be my guess. The actual plane is only slightly larger than a VF-1 so it would make no sense to shrink it all the way down to 1/72. I also read somewhere that in the whole greater picture of Macross or whatever, the VF-4 was relatively easy (or was it cheaper?) to manufacture because the frontal cockpit structure is the same. While it doesn't always seem to be that way, if that's true, Yamato may be able to use part of the 1/60 VF-1 molds to create a VF-4.

Um, as far as I can tell, the VF-X-4 used the front nosecone-fuselage of the VF-1, not the VF-4. If the VF-4 uses anything from the VF-1 it's purely internal mechanisms as the front fuselage of the VF-4 is visibly different in shape than the same area of the VF-1. Yamato could not use their 1/60 VF-1 mold for ready made parts, not only is the shape different but even if it wasn't Yamato would still have to completely redesign that section for the transformation.

FB2021, VFX and (max/milia) M3 color variants would be cool. I actually like the original non-transformable FB2012 body and exhaust nozzles more than that of the VF-4G's, but any of them would be awesome. I think it could be a simple line they could sell like the VF-1 DYRL line.