1/48 wings: not aligned

glenn52679

I noticed that when I look at my 1/48 VF-1 at front, the wing tip of the right wing (the one with the UN Spacy kite symbol) is a bit higher than of the other wing. This "flaw" is more noticeable once the valk is in batroid mode - the wing tips of the two wings dont touch each other once the wings are folded together. When I looked at a picture on the box of my Fast pack armor, the valk (in batroid mode) on the picture also has this "flaw"! I just like to ask the fellow owners of the 1/48 if your valk has this same "flaw".

uhm... no no, my valk is perfect! your's has a horrible flaw, it could be sign that your flaw is possessed by the dread entropy demon! quick, send the valk to me before the entropy demon gets out and starts to create flaws in other things!!!

I have 2 1/48's and they are both ok, I just looked at the fast pack box, do you mean on the side of the box on the flap where they show the valk from the backside, yea it looks like one wing is slighty raised over the other. if it is one the Yamato box then it probally is not that big of a deal and can probally be found on alot of there 1/48's. do you have a picture of yours? is it a major problem on it that is getting in the way of everything?

Zeo-mare,

Yes, it is that picture of the 1A Hikaru with the fast packs on. When I fold the wings of my valk in batroid mode, the wing tips dont touch each other - just like in that picture. Anyway, it's only a minor fault. It's probably present to many other 1/48 valks out there. I just like to know if it is true by asking other 1/48 owners if their valks have the same.

I own 35 of them. I dont see this flaw

:blink: wow lucky you. where do you work where you can afford that many :p and more importantly are they hireing?

Yes they are hiring. biggrin.gif They are looking for Software QA lead and a marketing assistant.

:p naturally something i have no skill in :lol::lol: sounds like a great job you have there, do you have any pics of you collection? sorry if this is getting a little off topic. I am just curious i do not think I have seen that many Valks in one area , except maybe a store, (which is pretty impressive when you think about it :) )

Yes they are hiring. biggrin.gif They are looking for Software QA lead and a marketing assistant.

:p naturally something i have no skill in :lol::lol: sounds like a great job you have there, do you have any pics of you collection? sorry if this is getting a little off topic. I am just curious i do not think I have seen that many Valks in one area , except maybe a store, (which is pretty impressive when you think about it :) )

You obviously have not seen sithlord's collection. ;)

:blink: wow I am humbled , my meager little collection sucks next to his, i must get back on ebay and start buying up everything I need , to complete with him :lol::lol: My hats off to you Sithlord you have one hell of a collection

:blink: wow I am humbled , my meager little collection sucks next to his, i must get back on ebay and start buying up everything I need , to complete with him :lol::lol: My hats off to you Sithlord you have one hell of a collection

Heh....egos sizing amongst geeks?

Heh....egos sizing amongst geeks?

:lol::lol: pretty sad on my part :lol::lol: it is a awesome collection though there is no denying it.

I have part of it on display here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8429

I am the one with 7 low vis fighters. :D

:p i just realized that was your post, i saw those a little while back, by the way very nice case you have them stored in as well.