Where to find a small aircompressor piece

SpacePirateNeko

Recently i asked people why my airbrush paint was coming on with too much "splatter" effect and they recommended my psi was too high..they were right .. its usually close to 30.

The problem is the compressor i use "campbell hausfeld" doesnt have male output connector and my airbrush hose is small one with a female output . So what i have to do is use the big fugly yellow hose that comes with the compressor and then connect the airburhs hose to that . In effect i cant even get paint out with both air and paint levers down unless i go up to around 25-30 psi.

I did notice the paint was coming out "ok" when i had it at 25 and was very light on it ...but still not smooth

Does anyone know a website i can go to that would have a piece to convert the output to male?

Also the airbrush does container a smaller needle and tip ...i started to take it apart ....became distraught with the amount of pieces in the sintructions..i didnt want to break anything its so expensive i just decided to stop where i was and put it back together ( i got about 3 pieces off before i decided to put it back together )

:unsure:

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

I don't think you've found the root of your problem. If you've got your regulator set to, say, 20 PSI, then as long as that 20 PSI is getting to your airbrush, regardless of the hoses and fittings it has to go through.... then you're golden.

I've always used the yellow coil hose on my compressor. I put a quick-disconect fitting on the end, so I can easily swap in my airbrush hose, pressure pot, or anything else I need. I just put those quick-disconect fittings on everything.

But if you really want to get rid of the coil hose, just go to a hardware store and get a 1/4" fitting with both ends male. Then you can just screw that into your compressor, and your airbrush hose adapter into the fitting.

But in all likelihood, you just need some more time experimenting. Try thinning down your paint more, and see how it works at lower PSI. And make sure your airbrush is thoroughly cleaned. That alone can affect both airflow and paint flow, and contribute to spattering.

Personally, I like to stay at around 20 PSI. But it can vary greatly depending on what I'm doing. So just take some time and figure out what works for you. There's no one 'right' way of doing things :)