Inelegant solution to 1/48 floppy wrist problem

Pat Payne

Well, I finally got tired of those #$%@ hands on the 1/48 -- they don't hold the gunpod worth a darn. So, I ended up taking a set of spare hands from one of my 1/60s (the gunpod fits really well inside the 1/60 hands) and sanded the posts down until they'd fit in the 1/48 hand holes. the hands look great, they fit right in the forearms like the original hands (I used the "standard" hands meant to slide back into the valk's arms in fighter mode) and finally, I can actually have Hikaru shooting at (for the moment -- get on the ball, Yamato) nonexistent Zentradi.

Anyway, to tell exactly what I did:

1. I fished out the hands, and an X-acto knife and and coarse sanding film (I think it was at least 600-- the dark grey film)

2. I whittled off the "mushroom" area of the post, and then sanded down the post until it fit in the hole. Right now, it's still a tight fit and could do with a little more sanding.

Edited by Pat Payne

do you have any pics? I would love to see. yea I to hate the hands on the 1/48 they suck hard :(

thanks

Chris

er...got pic? :unsure:

Sadly no. Don't have a camera right now.