Toynami Voltron for $150?

reissue=30$

giant=60$ 20-10$ on discount

Reissued Voltron is 30 bucks? Really? Is this in every way the same as the old die cast toy from the '80's?

If it is, why am I not aware of this!? <_<

I need to have one! I already have the cheap ass, crappy Voltron: The Third Dimension toy, and I would prefer a hard core, die cast toy.

So, who's got one? :-P

reissue=30$

giant=60$  20-10$ on discount

Reissued Voltron is 30 bucks? Really? Is this in every way the same as the old die cast toy from the '80's?

I need to have one! I already have the cheap ass, crappy Voltron: The Third Dimension toy, and I would prefer a hard core, die cast toy.

If you're talking about the 're-issue' trendmasters voltron yes it was $30 bucks at toys r us a few years ago. Not as good quality as the 80s us version. However, crazy people on ebay keep going into bidding wars for this item and jacking the price waaaay beyond $30. I'd say for a 'cheap' new voltron toy go for the HK Lionbot. Better quality than the Trendmasters version. About $40-50 + shipping from HK.

Edited by StealthLurker

Not as good quality as the 80s us version.

Hey and least the trendmasters didn't give people lead poisoning like the 80's version did. :p

reissue=30$

Not just identical, but better. Each of the lions missle functions worked now that were disabled in the 80's Matchbox versions.

Heh... when they were reissued, not only were they $30 MSRP, but most went on sale pretty early on.

I bought three of them. One at full price and another 2 at a whopping $9.99 each.

Too bad I already sold the other two at a greatly increased profit. They fetch pretty good prices on eBay... but you can still get one far cheaper than $150.00 bucks.

I would be more worried about how crappy the Toynami Voltron will turn out in terms of quality. Go handle a MPC VF-1... I wouldn't trust their "engineers" to make anything remotely nice.

reissue=30$

Not just identical, but better. Each of the lions missle functions worked now that were disabled in the 80's Matchbox versions.

Heh... when they were reissued, not only were they $30 MSRP, but most went on sale pretty early on.

I bought three of them. One at full price and another 2 at a whopping $9.99 each.

Too bad I already sold the other two at a greatly increased profit. They fetch pretty good prices on eBay... but you can still get one far cheaper than $150.00 bucks.

I would be more worried about how crappy the Toynami Voltron will turn out in terms of quality. Go handle a MPC VF-1... I wouldn't trust their "engineers" to make anything remotely nice.

same here.

I know a lot of you are goijng goo goo ga ga over this supposed masterpiece voltron, but come on it looks soo so so

PLAIN!

Whereas the godaikin looks so regal and so damn classic and impressive not to mention shiny....really a blazing if not SHINING sword.

\\\all i n all even the matte painted trendmasters voltron retool was better since it had REMOVEABLEmicro pilots!

will toynamies have one? My ass. TOm me it looks plain the only improvements are leg twists and possibly ball joints but other than that it looks like subpar cg zoids made 3 dimensional.

I actually like the way this toy looks, but like everybody said about the price tag. ACK!!! :p:D:lol:

yeah same here, i think it looks nice, sleek, pretty bad ass.

but jesus, anything more than 100... even 100 would be a bit much.