Clear coat.

Godzilla

Get Tamiya or Mr Color (Gunze) matte finish or semi gloss. Test it on a gloss surface. Then re-spray a light coat on your custom. It will cut the shine down.

If you want toy like finish, I suggest semi gloss. If you want a model finish, use the matte finish.

Good luck and take pictures. :D

Another one that many modelers swear by (they look on it as kinda their duct tape) is Future Floor Polish, made by Johnson & Johnson. Serious--many modelers use it as a sealant coat beacuse it gives a good shine without being overbearingly glossy. It's actually something like a acrylic semi-gloss coat (no wax whatsoever in it) intended to put on floors. I haven't used it yet myself, although I've been at myself forever to find a cheap bottle. If you're in the US, you should be able to find it (under a couple of different names) in most supermarkets.

I had forgotten about Future floor polish. Thats an even better deal if you have an airbrush setup.

Paint, seal up paint with future, decal and weather, seal up paint with future again and matte down shine if need be. You can mix future with matte spray or even the UV spray if you test spray this first. Keeps the layers down.

I would THINK you can prevent further yellowing by sealing up the toy since the chemical stabilizers won't dry out or evaporate. You can control humidity once the toy is sealed (its sealed) somewhat but temperature is harder unless you have a temp controlled room.

Have you seen any yellowing with the MM clear coat? The last custom I tried looked like a bad case of smokers lung. I may have gone to heavy on it. I've had better results with future. I posted about this before and someone gave some good info about using a dullcoat

not yet. Does it show up immediately? I sprayed a light coat. I am going to get the Tamiya clear cloat semi-gloss this week.

No, it yellowed after the paint had cured. This was out of a spray can too. I think I went a to heavy on the spray. I've airbrushed future on and it looks a lot better. It still is a little to glossy though.