Anyone own the GX-01X Mazinger Base?

I had one of these, it was pretty cool while it worked. I put it in climate-controlled storage for about a year and then when I recently took it out again, the blasted thing no longer worked. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, so ended up scrapping it.

Graham

I had one of these, it was pretty cool while it worked. I put it in climate-controlled storage for about a year and then when I recently took it out again, the blasted thing no longer worked. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, so ended up scrapping it.

Graham

Did you try replacing batteries? :D

Check the gear connected to the engine located in the bottom Graham. You will need to remove a small plastic cover.

I have 2 of them and I had problems with both. Fortunately fix them were not a big deal.

Actually it has a very, very fragile mechanism :angry:

ahhhh, Qrusader, don't forget to remove the cardboard from the top and the plastic box containg the fist BEFORE of turn it on! ;)

Changing the batteries was of course the first thing I did.

I was going to try to disassemble the whole thing as I'm usually pretty good with machines. However, I noticed that the sliding rubber doors on top had slightly come out of their track. So I went to open the front clear plastic door so I could get my hand inside to straighten the top rubber doors and in doing so ended up carelessly snapping the plastic tabs off the clear door......doh!

My plan had been to sell the thing on ebay as it was just taking up space, but I figured that nobody would buy a busted one, so I just decided to bin the whole thing rather than waste my time to repair it.

Graham

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone...

I'm brand new here and I must admit that the main reason I'm here (though I fell in love with Macross back in 1986 and still do love it) is to find out if anyone has any answers to the flimsy, non-functioning nature of the SOC GX-01X elevator.

I bought two. One I never even put batteries in. Just put it on the shelf for a display. The other worked just fine many times. Then it too went on the shelf to display a figure.

Now I find I need to sell them to afford a new car (life sucks). So I sold one on eBay. I didn't check it before I sold it... it was just on a shelf! And it'd never had batteries in it! Why wouldn't it work, right?

Anyway, the buyer is being totally cool about the situation, but I'd like to be able to offer up other solutions than "Gee that sucks... here's your money back, return the broken toy."

If someone out there knows what the problems ar and knows a fixing solution, that'd be superior.

But I figure I'm generally S.O.L. on my SOC.

Anybody got any advice?

Thanks for whatever asnswer you can give!

-Gordon