Joke Machine rarity

Phyrox

I am just wondering if there is any significant difference in the availability of the HiCompact Joke-Machines.

I know they came in:

Hikaru -A

Max -1A

Max -1J

Millia -1J

Focker -1S

But are any of these easier/harder to find today?

(I'm sort of in the market for a cheap [unboxed?] Joke-Machine, and am hoping that the Max -1A isn't so rare as to make it unattainable)

Sorry to tell you that the JM's for the Max VF-1A & Hikaru VF-1A only came in Japanese Bandai release packagings & are definitely the more sought after ones. :(

The other 3 were also available in Japanese Bandai packagings, as well as the American & Canadian Matchbox "Robotech" packaging.

Edited by xstoys

Yep XS toys has it right. As for the rarity of them, the Matchbox versions are much easier to find over here in the US. The Japanese boxed ones are harder to find and command a slightly higher price because of it.

The Japanese boxed VF-1A's are the hardest to find of all of them, they will show up from time to time on EBay, but not with any real sense of regularity. You are better trying to find a VF-1S or VF-1J and using a recasted 1A head on it.

Better yet, you might want to contact member Rohby, he sells resin recasts of a complete Joke MAchine which I am pretty sure includes a 1A head.

Ya, I'm waiting for my JM from Rohby and when I get it I plan on painting it to match the DYRL Max 1A since the few I've seen on ebay are going for over $150.

I have few questions...

1. Who is Rohby

2. How do I contact him

3. How much is it

4. any pictures?

Thank you.

Edited by question

Ya, I'm waiting for my JM from Rohby and when I get it I plan on painting it to match the DYRL Max 1A since the few I've seen on ebay are going for over $150.

I have few questions...

1. Who is Rohby

2. How do I contact him

3. How much is it

4. any pictures?

Thank you.

Use the board utilities to:

a) find him

b) ask him

hint: the "members" button is where I would start