UV lighting your valks?

wolfx

I stored all my Bandai/Taka 1/55s and Joke machines loose. . . they made their way from my closet, to my parent's garage, to an attic, to my apartment's closet. . .and I never noticed any yellowing at all. I had them since 1987.

I then placed my Takatoku Super-O in a ziploc bag and then placed it in a box. A couple years later. . . pretty signifigant yellowing.

I've always wondered if sealing them up does more harm than good. But I guess the jury's still out.

H

Hey, who was that one dude that used a sort of conductive paint to light up his 1/48? I remember seeing pictures with the landing gear lit up and the light on the wings as well. Anyone else remember this? I though it was extremely creative at the time.

Hmm, that sounds intriguing?!

I stored all my Bandai/Taka 1/55s and Joke machines loose. . . they made their way from my closet, to my parent's garage, to an attic, to my apartment's closet. . .and I never noticed any yellowing at all. I had them since 1987.

I then placed my Takatoku Super-O in a ziploc bag and then placed it in a box. A couple years later. . . pretty signifigant yellowing.

I've always wondered if sealing them up does more harm than good. But I guess the jury's still out.

H

Could it be the ziploc bag rubbing against it cause the yellowing? Different types of plastic rubbing each other causing a chemical reaction?

Could it be the ziploc bag rubbing against it cause the yellowing? Different types of plastic rubbing each other causing a chemical reaction?

Anything's possible. But I doubt it. The yellowing was uniform on the nose area. It didn't seem to conform to where friction would have taken place.

H